+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chances of getting TRV after US visit

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
hi, can anyone let me know what are the chances for TRV since i had visited US with my family (wife n kids) in July 2019 if i would re-apply TRV in Oct 2019 (travel dates would be Dec 16 to 25 during my daughter winter school off)

i got once rejected for trv in Mar 2007 when i was single and the reasons were given family ties and purpose of visit (it was mentioned on the form that i will travel with my brother in law and we will stay in his older brother's home in Canada and his brother sent us invitation letter too)

me and my family did short trip to Europe (swiss,italy & fracne) in Sep 2018 and later got US B1/B2 visas for 5 years in May 2019 and someone told here that we should first visit to US then should apply TRV

this time i would apply for only tourism purpose with family.... can someone help me how to proceed so that i shouldn't get refusal. thanks

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
hi, can anyone let me know what are the chances for TRV since i had visited US with my family (wife n kids) in July 2019 if i would re-apply TRV in Oct 2019 (travel dates would be Dec 16 to 25 during my daughter winter school off)

i got once rejected for trv in Mar 2007 when i was single and the reasons were given family ties and purpose of visit (it was mentioned on the form that i will travel with my brother in law and we will stay in his older brother's home in Canada and his brother sent us invitation letter too)

me and my family did short trip to Europe (swiss,italy & fracne) in Sep 2018 and later got US B1/B2 visas for 5 years in May 2019 and someone told here that we should first visit to US then should apply TRV this time i would apply for only tourism purpose with family.... can someone help me how to proceed so that i shouldn't get refusal. thanks
My normal response for a rejection is try to address the reasons why you were refused the last time. If you say that you were rejected due to the ties and purpose, this time around there are already changes since you are now married (means you have ties and dependents) and you've travelled with them (so your tourism purpose is valid). Your previous US and EU gives weight on your purpose.
I think you just need proof about your financial capability and you are good to go.

You are eligible for CAN+
CAN+ is a program that offers expedited processing for applicants of a Canadian temporary resident visitor visa. This expedited processing is available to those who have previously travelled to Canada in the last 10 years or who hold a valid US visa at the time of their Canadian visa application. (You can ask the Canadian Visa Application Centre about this)

Link to apply
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
My normal response for a rejection is try to address the reasons why you were refused the last time. If you say that you were rejected due to the ties and purpose, this time around there are already changes since you are now married (means you have ties and dependents) and you've travelled with them (so your tourism purpose is valid). Your previous US and EU gives weight on your purpose.
I think you just need proof about your financial capability and you are good to go.

CAN+ is a program that offers expedited processing for applicants of a Canadian temporary resident visitor visa. This expedited processing is available to those who have previously travelled to Canada in the last 10 years or who hold a valid US visa at the time of their Canadian visa application. (You can ask the Canadian Visa Application Centre about this)

Link to apply
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Thanks a lot for your reply in details...I think i hv strong financials i.e. solid bank statements with cash available of mote than150K USD (maintaining last six monyhs and if required more then can easily top up with 50K more), having two companies in Dubai (as working partner and share holder) and 3 properties in back home which are more than 50K USD...hoping this would be enough?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Thanks a lot for your reply in details...I think i hv strong financials i.e. solid bank statements with cash available of mote than150K USD (maintaining last six monyhs and if required more then can easily top up with 50K more), having two companies in Dubai (as working partner and share holder) and 3 properties in back home which are more than 50K USD...hoping this would be enough?
I think you have good financial background and assets.

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
I think you have good financial background and assets.
One more thing should I write any cover letter and explain the reasons for the traviling and mentioning day to day activites with itinerary?

We live in Dubai n apply from here. Plz add any other requirements which can be helpful for our applications.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
One more thing should I write any cover letter and explain the reasons for the traviling and mentioning day to day activites with itinerary?
We live in Dubai n apply from here. Plz add any other requirements which can be helpful for our applications.
The Letter of Explanation (cover letter) is optional. Normally through this you can say what you want to say to the visa officer. Your purpose and/or if you have items that you want to explain. Example which are common for Indians is that they have no Marriage Certificate, so they just say on the LOE that they don't have it and in the absence of it they attached their affidavits instead.
I suggest you just indicate your purpose why you want to go to Canada and if you want to explain something. No need to mention the daily activities and other stuff because you will provide that as well but on a different location.

If you apply online there will be categories where you need to attach certain documents. This is dependent on how you answer the eligibility questions. A question mark (?) icon beside the categories will be present. If you hover the mouse on it, it will guide you what documents can be attached.
Below are a few examples
Purpose of Travel >> Flight Itinerary (you can grab from Expedia or screen shot from an airline website your preferred flights, not advised to book tickets until result of visa). Day to day itinerary.
Proof of Means >> Bank statement (4 months), Employment letter, Tax reports
Travel History >> Old/New Visa on passports, Entry/Exit stamps, Study/Work permits

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
The Letter of Explanation (cover letter) is optional. Normally through this you can say what you want to say to the visa officer. Your purpose and/or if you have items that you want to explain. Example which are common for Indians is that they have no Marriage Certificate, so they just say on the LOE that they don't have it and in the absence of it they attached their affidavits instead.
I suggest you just indicate your purpose why you want to go to Canada and if you want to explain something. No need to mention the daily activities and other stuff because you will provide that as well but on a different location.

If you apply online there will be categories where you need to attach certain documents. This is dependent on how you answer the eligibility questions. A question mark (?) icon beside the categories will be present. If you hover the mouse on it, it will guide you what documents can be attached.
Below are a few examples
Purpose of Travel >> Flight Itinerary (you can grab from Expedia or screen shot from an airline website your preferred flights, not advised to book tickets until result of visa). Day to day itinerary.
Proof of Means >> Bank statement (4 months), Employment letter, Tax reports
Travel History >> Old/New Visa on passports, Entry/Exit stamps, Study/Work permits
Thanks and really appreciated for your efforts

oJoy

Sep 6, 2019

Link to apply
Hi Kat,
I visited Canada and the US Sept 2018. My US visa expired in April 2019 and my previous TRV August 2019. I couldn't renew my US immediately it expired because my old passport was expiring in less than 6 months and I was waiting for my new passport to be issued. I applied for my TRV from Nigeria online on June 17 2019, I am yet to get a feedback. I just noticed from your post that I quality for CAN+. Please what does that mean? How could I have processed my application differently based on this? Can I do anything now to expedite its processing because I would love to breeze in and out of Canada to see a very friend before the end of September. I have visited the US for 2-4 weeks each year since 2015 I processed my application through an immigration consultancy service so I am not sure what they did. Thanks a lot!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi Kat,
I visited Canada and the US Sept 2018. My US visa expired in April 2019 and my previous TRV August 2019. I couldn't renew my US immediately it expired because my old passport was expiring in less than 6 months and I was waiting for my new passport to be issued. I applied for my TRV from Nigeria online on June 17 2019, I am yet to get a feedback. I just noticed from your post that I quality for CAN+. Please what does that mean? How could I have processed my application differently based on this? Can I do anything now to expedite its processing because I would love to breeze in and out of Canada to see a very friend before the end of September. I have visited the US for 2-4 weeks each year since 2015 I processed my application through an immigration consultancy service so I am not sure what they did. Thanks a lot!
Refer to this link https://www.uiis.ca/visitor-visa-can/
You qualify since you previously travelled to Canada in the last 10 years. You mentioned that you applied last June, according to the link above
if they see you qualify for CAN+ IRCC will make every effort to process your application even faster.

oJoy

Sep 6, 2019
My passport wasn't stamped on entry and exit but I guess IRCC will have ways of confirming. Thanks.