+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting study permit

MalikJumani

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,
I might be overthinking, I need to get some suggestions because after reading so many posts and different documents attached with everyone's visa file, I am a little bit confused. Please suggest.

I got admission in university of Ottawa for Winter 2016 intake. my details are:

BS Electrical Engineering, 2013, 3.17CGPA
worked for two years at a startup holding engineering and management position
unemployed for six months after that and got a new job 20 days before filing the visa application (Paper based, vfs Karachi, Pakistan).

I attached the following documents:
Passport
filled and signed study permit forms
document checklist
upfront medical exam
proof of payment of first semester tuition fee

all original educational documents
police character certificate
IELTS result
Letter of acceptance from University of Ottawa

letter of intent:
I explained in it about my studies, my work experience, why masters?, future plans and proof of funds

proof of funds:
My mother sold a property and transferred the amount in my savings account (I included a copy of property sale agreement )
My bank statement
affidavit of financial support by mother
The amount given by my mother is enough to cover my tuition and living expenses

I also included another source of funds as my Maternal Grandmother:
Included her passport copy
affidavit of sponsorship
her bank statement
statement of savings certificate

I did not include any salary slips because I think the source of funds is not related to salary of any person. I understand that I have already applied for visa. Still your views would be highly appreciated. Please suggest.

Thanks.

viky07234

May 31, 2015
In SOP- Try to fill your gap in between jobs with something related to course you are applying for........ Moreover Ur Home-ties seems to be weak as you have already sold property...... Hence if you have more property then show its papers saying that with the help of this course you can open your business in your country in your own property...... Be passionate explaining them about ur future goals like you have planned for it alot and after the knowledge gained from course you can start up the business........

If you dont want to go with business plan..... try to convince them that you already have offer letter and after this course you will be selected for higher position within your country..... also say that your mom is very attached to your cuntry of residence and you will be coming back to take care of family as they will not shift to Canada in any case.......

Hope it will help....

kannanj

Jul 18, 2014
Dude,

I also got offer of admission from University of Ottawa for January 2016 intake.
Am going to apply for study permit.