+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting PR Visa for Accountant NOC-1111

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Hi Folks,

Iam an Indian basically working in Riyadh. I have a couple of questions related to Canada Immigration visa, if any of you can address to it.

1. Iam Bachelor of Commerce 3 year degree holder and working currently in Riyadh since 4 years as general accountant ( NOC 1111 ). I heard this profession requires licensing to practice in Canada ?? and candidates with this profession are rarely granted PR visa. Please advise if this is true ? Iam also taking care of book keeping and various other accounting responsibilities. According to your knowledge, which profession or NOC I should choose in order to maximize the chances of obtaining the Immigration visa.

2. Can I get Provincial nomination on this profession ? what is the procedure to apply for Provincial nomination for Ontario ?

Thanks in advance...

Nemile

Jan 25, 2015
Hello,
I applied using the same NOC and i have been granted my PR visa, so i'll say the information isnt true. One question though...do you have any professional accounting qualification? i.e. are u a chartered accountant?

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Many thanks Nemile for your prompt response dear. Really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I do not have any professional accounting certificate but I do intend to go for one...

By the way I calculated my score and earning 420 CRS points under Express Entry. Iam not sure if I apply, my profile would be selected from the pool in the future draws. If possible may I know if you have got any Job offer or Provincial nomination etc. and what was your CRS score and timeline.

Iam sorry if Iam overloading you with questions and bothering you.

Thanks,

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theres no quota over which NOC gets PR ITA and which doesnt.. its simply matter of CRS score..

though get a LMIA would be very difficult, bcoz it would be hard for an employer to prove that they cant find a right accountant in canada itself..

I am applying under the same NOC and thinking of getting additional certificate/degree to push my score higher up.. infact i have passed CMA (US) part 1 and preparing for part 2.. though to be frank i m not sure whether canada would accept it as additional certificate..
currently at 421.. and dont have much hope that score will go down anytime soon..

Nemile

Jan 25, 2015
SaaZ77 said:
If possible may I know if you have got any Job offer or Provincial nomination etc. and what was your CRS score and timeline.
1. No, i didnt have a job offer or Provincial nomination. I have a BSc in Accounting and i'm ACCA qualified. I was able to select "two or more degrees" for my education and that boosted my score. Before i had my ACCA assessed, my score was 430 or so, after i added the ACCA qualification, it got boosted to 463.

2. Timeline
AOR: August 11 2015
Background check: Sometime at the end of November 2015
PPR: January 11
Passports to VO: January 12

Havent gotten my passports back yet though.

Reactions: Josephine2$

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Many thanks Nemile and Jassu2,

Appreciate your advice dear........ !

And also very best of luck to Nemile for your bright future in Canada...

HST2009

Jan 28, 2016
Nemile said:
1. No, i didnt have a job offer or Provincial nomination. I have a BSc in Accounting and i'm ACCA qualified. I was able to select "two or more degrees" for my education and that boosted my score. Before i had my ACCA assessed, my score was 430 or so, after i added the ACCA qualification, it got boosted to 463.

2. Timeline
AOR: August 11 2015
Background check: Sometime at the end of November 2015
PPR: January 11
Passports to VO: January 12

Havent gotten my passports back yet though.
hi, you took my attention when you say, ACCA, I am finalist and hoping to pass the coming march exam. and I want to go same process as you. I have BA in Accounting and working in one of big 4 audit firms in the world. will this help me to get to any where near to the preferred score. I have not applied to any immigration type yet, and since you know the hasle in ACCA, can you please make life easy for me by telling me what to do to apply. thanks a lot!!!

HST2009

Jan 28, 2016
HST2009 said:
hi, you took my attention when you say, ACCA, I am finalist and hoping to pass the coming march exam. and I want to go same process as you. I have BA in Accounting and working in one of big 4 audit firms in the world. will this help me to get to any where near to the preferred score. I have not applied to any immigration type yet, and since you know the hasle in ACCA, can you please make life easy for me by telling me what to do to apply. thanks a lot!!!

Umansur

Nov 6, 2016
Hi Nemile,

Just a quick question: I am also an ACCA and BSc.
I am pretty confused in what date to choose under 'date you first became qualified to practise in this occupation?'
I too plan to go under NOC 1111.
Can you please help me what would that date be?
Would it be the date I got my ACCA/BSC (2012) or the some other date?
I am anyways working since 2008.
Please help :)

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

I am also applying under NOC 1111 and am currently sitting in the pool with 43+.. i added in my CA certification to be assessed and am waiting for the results. questions for all who might have gotten their CA certs assessed before.... do all of you have to take multiple exams to be certified? for my case, i was accepted as a provisional member as my local degree was recognized by the local accounting institution. i then had to fulfill the relevant work experience and also pass the pre-admission course (which had one exam with pass/fail grade). i'm not too sure how WES will assess this.. anyone with similar experience? what was your local country's process in getting the CA?

Also, are there any applicants out there who are/have been working with the big 4? are they open to issue work permits for foreigners, especially for audit work in big 4? is it easy to get a job in big 4 (especially if you already have had relevant big 4 experience)? would appreciate if anybody would share...

Thanks guys! =)

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
hi, is experience gained for ACCA membership counted as relevant experience under NOC 1111 for express entry applicants? please reply!