+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting IT Job in Canada while in PR visa applying process

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
Hi All,
Am just taking a chance of applying Canada Express Entry PR visa.

Am working here in India with 8+ years of Experience in IT (Virtualization (VMware) technology.
My questions is how much is there a chance of getting a job in Canada when you are in way in applying for Express Entry Visa.

I cant take risk of quitting job here in India and visit canada on PR and search JOB here.
How much there is a chance of getting a job staying in my country and once i get a job in Canada i can come to Canada with confidence and job in hand.

Pelase suggest .

Thanks in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want the honest answer, the chances of you finding a job before you have PR are close to zero. Most employers are unwilling to go through the LMIA process. They are looking for employees who can legally work in Canada immediately.

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
Thanks for your reply..
So what is the best advice for me..
Once i get PR visa.. i should come Canada and search for Job.??

rairaiken

Apr 4, 2012
raju.gunnal said:
Thanks for your reply..
So what is the best advice for me..
Once i get PR visa.. i should come Canada and search for Job.??
Yes. Also remember that jobs posted online are only 20% of all the jobs available, 80% are "hidden". And lots of employers look for "Canadian Experience" as many employers don't want to hire an employee who might not understand how things are done in Canada. This could range from the expected sanitation in handling food and greeting customers to the words chosen in writing a formal business letter. There are Canadian work and cultural expectations. You will need to show that you know what they are and are able to do them.

Which city are you landing in?