+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of Getting into Dalhousie, Saskatchewan, UNB and Concordia??

ajinkyasarode

Nov 24, 2013
Hi everyone...I am from India. I am interested in doing MEng (Mechanical Engg) Fall 2014.
My profile:
Branch-Mechanical Engg (University of Pune)
B.E. (aggregate)-66.15% (First Class with Distinction)- NO BACKLOGS
12th-75.33%
10th-88.53%
IELTS-7.0 with no section less than 6.5
No GRE.
No work experience.

I have shortlisted the following universities:
1. Dalhousie University
2. Concordia University
3. University of Saskatchewan
4. UNB

What are my chances of getting admission?
Which university should I prefer for my graduation keeping field related job opportunities in mind after studies?

Plz reply........
THANKYOU :)

tks1990

Feb 27, 2014
Hey, its a bit too late to reply but hav you had any luck with any of the universities? Wer have u applied?

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when you accepted from UNB and when you submitted application?

ajinkyasarode

Nov 24, 2013
Khan81 said:
when you accepted from UNB and when you submitted application?

All the documents including recommendation letters, attested marksheets, certificates and attested copy of IELTS score card got delivered on 7th Jan 2014. The official IELTS score card which was sent directly to UNB by the testing agency was matched with my application on 24th Jan, 2014. I received the acceptance email and attached scanned copy of acceptance letter on 8th March, 2014.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ajinkyasarode said:
Hi everyone...I am from India. I am interested in doing MEng (Mechanical Engg) Fall 2014.
My profile:
Branch-Mechanical Engg (University of Pune)
B.E. (aggregate)-66.15% (First Class with Distinction)- NO BACKLOGS
12th-75.33%
10th-88.53%
IELTS-7.0 with no section less than 6.5
No GRE.
No work experience.

I have shortlisted the following universities:
1. Dalhousie University
2. Concordia University
3. University of Saskatchewan
4. UNB

What are my chances of getting admission?
Which university should I prefer for my graduation keeping field related job opportunities in mind after studies?

Plz reply........
THANKYOU :)
Distinction on 66.15%? Hmmmm impressive :p

Anyhow, your profile seems fine.
There should not be any problem in securing admission in any of the university you have mentioned above.
Universities order is also correct.

The only alarming thing is, deadlines have passed. So best wishes for them :)

ethanet

Sep 9, 2013
Hi, I am applying for ECE MEng Fall 2014 session. It is sort of late, though UNB people informed me they are still accepting applications in ECE Department. Which documents am I required to submit? I browsed through their website but didn't get an exact idea. It seems all I have to submit is official transcript and IELTS score card. Any other supporting documents are required?

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
ethanet said:
Hi, I am applying for ECE MEng Fall 2014 session. It is sort of late, though UNB people informed me they are still accepting applications in ECE Department. Which documents am I required to submit? I browsed through their website but didn't get an exact idea. It seems all I have to submit is official transcript and IELTS score card. Any other supporting documents are required?
Yes! I too spoke to the university guys and also got a mail that they are still accepting applications for fall'14. May 30 is the last date to apply. They take approx. 60-70 days for making decision. Apply as soon as possible. Even iam applying tomorrow or may be day after..

ethanet

Sep 9, 2013
raj_009 said:
Yes! I too spoke to the university guys and also got a mail that they are still accepting applications for fall'14. May 30 is the last date to apply. They take approx. 60-70 days for making decision. Apply as soon as possible. Even iam applying tomorrow or may be day after..
Do you know which documents are required to be couriered? I can't figure out whether they need anything more than official transcript and language proficiency proof. I sent them an email regarding this but haven't received a reply.

ajinkyasarode

Nov 24, 2013
ethanet said:
Do you know which documents are required to be couriered? I can't figure out whether they need anything more than official transcript and language proficiency proof. I sent them an email regarding this but haven't received a reply.
Include all the documents including recommendation letters from your professors, attested marksheets (high school, college, etc), copy of your extra curricular certificates and attested copy of language proficiency proof card. Also include an attested copy of your passport, CV and SOP in your courier. You should communicate with the testing agency so that they can send the official language proficiency proof card directly to UNB.

ethanet

Sep 9, 2013
ajinkyasarode said:
Include all the documents including recommendation letters from your professors, attested marksheets (high school, college, etc), copy of your extra curricular certificates and attested copy of language proficiency proof card. Also include an attested copy of your passport, CV and SOP in your courier. You should communicate with the testing agency so that they can send the official language proficiency proof card directly to UNB.
Thanks for the reply! Couple of doubts: 1) Don't they email professors for recommendation letters? 2) Is SOP required for coursework as well?

ajinkyasarode

Nov 24, 2013
ethanet said:
Thanks for the reply! Couple of doubts: 1) Don't they email professors for recommendation letters? 2) Is SOP required for coursework as well?
Yes...they do email professors for recommendation letters if you select Online recommendation. At the time of application I had selected Online recommendation. But, to be on the safer side I included the hard copy of recommendation letters in the courier. Also, the professors responded to the email too. And SOP is mandatory for any program. So, you must send your SOP in your courier.

ethanet

Sep 9, 2013
ajinkyasarode said:
Yes...they do email professors for recommendation letters if you select Online recommendation. At the time of application I had selected Online recommendation. But, to be on the safer side I included the hard copy of recommendation letters in the courier. Also, the professors responded to the email too. And SOP is mandatory for any program. So, you must send your SOP in your courier.
Thanks for the info!
My CGPA is 7.5/10 (70%) and CPI is 7.3 (68%) - Distinction. IELTS score is 7.5. Do I stand a good chance here? I hope applying late doesn't hamper.