+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chances of getting immigration for doctors

sahni1980

Jun 15, 2016
PedDoc said:
Got PR after my fellowship .
Hello PedDoc, Did you get work experience points for your clinical fellowship period. I have a friend who did his clinical fellowship in Toronto for 1 year and then went back to his country. Now he is applying for express entry. Can he claim points for his clinical fellowship?

sahni1980

Jun 15, 2016
ultra99 said:
Congrats!!
So you had a PR before getting the fellowship?
Hi, I am just creating my profile. Could you please advice me as to what all should I mention in my Study History.

I completed my Bachelor of Medicine and then my PHD (however PHD is called Fellowship) from saudi. Got my ECA done and they have assessed my Bachelor's degree equivalent to Doctor of Medicine and making a note that "acceptable alternative documentation in support of medical degree qualification was received".

So, should I just provide details about my Bachelors which is assessed equivalent to Doctor of Medicine?? Will that be enough or should I provide more details?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could receive an ita since you have a skilled profession and get pr but once in the country you would have to make a living out of something else or star over

Tariq nawaz

May 4, 2017
Respected members
Please advice
So i am coming to main issue.I am B.com having 10 years of Experience in INGOS/corporate in the field of logistic & procurement..I am 39 years old and have three kids below 7 years.
My wife is doctor in government hospital in senior position and doing her specialization in Radiology.She has almost ten years of experience in the filed of Gyne/Medicine/peads and radiology etc.
Please if you could advice me how i can apply.Which category suit me ,should my wife is principal application being as professional doctor.how much cost inure over Canada immigration and how much time.If i got immigration how can my wife and me get job how can my kids settled in school and how i can get accommodation. How much i need amount for my living.So may question but if you give me precise way so that i can get my dream come true.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Respected members
Please advice
So i am coming to main issue.I am B.com having 10 years of Experience in INGOS/corporate in the field of logistic & procurement..I am 39 years old and have three kids below 7 years.
My wife is doctor in government hospital in senior position and doing her specialization in Radiology.She has almost ten years of experience in the filed of Gyne/Medicine/peads and radiology etc.
Please if you could advice me how i can apply.Which category suit me ,should my wife is principal application being as professional doctor.how much cost inure over Canada immigration and how much time.If i got immigration how can my wife and me get job how can my kids settled in school and how i can get accommodation. How much i need amount for my living.So may question but if you give me precise way so that i can get my dream come true.
Tariq Nawaz, Calculate your points though point calculator provided by CIC or CanadaVisa. Principal Candidate will be decided on higher points.
By the way, Have you done ECA for yourself and for your spouse? Secondly, what is IELTS score?

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=qureshimu link=topic=307385.msg4413542#msg4413542 date=143487950
Hi dear ultra..thanx..
I understand that i will have to go thru competency exam before practicing as a physician. In canada,but do i need to pass the examfor getting immigration..NO.
i know that job or carrier switch can be alternative..lets reformate it as,having not passed the competency exam poses anything negative for getting immigration? NO
You can apply for PR anytime without qualifying exam.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I am not a doctor and neither do I know much about this profession. However, I know plenty of doctors getting PR without passing tests. They are required to pass exams to get a job and that's where many fail. I heard from them that Canada exams are one of the most difficult in the world for doctors.

I have seen in the recent past that CIC loves NHS UK doctors with 5 Years or more experience.

The good news is Government has allocated dozens of million dollar for newcomer to get them licenced.

http://www.cicnews.com/2017/03/federal-budget-provides-additional-funding-for-foreign-worker-programs-038990.html/amp