+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance of Study Permit approval?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am a student from Vietnam, applying through Student Direct Stream online. I have just completed high school and I am pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in CS at a Canadian university. I have submitted all the required documents, including Letter of Acceptance, Medical certificate, etc. For proof of finance, because it is SDS, I have submitted GIC 10,000 from Scotiabank and receipt for first year tuition fees paid in full. IELTS 7.5, lowest is Writing with 6.0.

There are a few small problems though. First, is that I didn't submit a SOP, because it is not listed in required documents and I didn't find any major complications in my application.
Secondly, I have one sister with PR and lives in Canada. But both my parents and other sister lives in Vietnam, my home country. So will family ties be a problem?
Lastly, I am only 17 and only completed high school so I haven't worked yet. Will employment prospects need to be explained in my case?

Do you guys think I have a chance?
My application has also recently been updated with: You passed the medical exam.

Rugalicious

Jul 13, 2019
Pls I need help.
Study permit application refused due to lack of proof of purpose of visit.
Background
44yrs, will first degree in biology
Diploma in ICT
12 yrs working experience
Applied for masters in MBA
Offered admission
Paid 16k of 34k fees
Sponsor husband
Finance provided 60,000 CAD
Has 3 children
Have travel history. UK, US ,Tanzania, South Africa, Dubai.
Not traveling with children
Didn't include SOP.
Was refused

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Pls I need help.
Study permit application refused due to lack of proof of purpose of visit.
Background
44yrs, will first degree in biology
Diploma in ICT
12 yrs working experience
Applied for masters in MBA
Offered admission
Paid 16k of 34k fees
Sponsor husband
Finance provided 60,000 CAD
Has 3 children
Have travel history. UK, US ,Tanzania, South Africa, Dubai.
Not traveling with children
Didn't include SOP.
Was refused
Is your husband in Canada? If so, does he have PR, or is he a student? If your husband is in Canada, the Visa Officer might be wary that you would try to stay in Canada. And that your main goal is to work and stay in Canada and not study. Purpose of visit could be many things, one of which is family ties, which could be the case here.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
No please, but the SOP must be strong and concrete
For normal stream, it does seem that a SOP is required. But for SDS stream, as in my application, a SOP is not in the required checklist and a lot of sources have stated that a SOP is not required for SDS. Also, I have seen many people applying through SDS that got approved without SOP. Is this true?