+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance Of admission Fall 2015 Petroleum (HELP!!!!)

NIKKIHANES

Oct 3, 2014
10th- 95.4%
12th- 85.4%
Btech-7.4/10 (NIT) Mechanical Engg
IELTS-8

Want to pursue Petroleum Engineering in Canada
What are my chances of admission for
1 University of Alberta( MEng)
2 Memorial university of Newfoundland
3 University of Regina
4 Dalhousie University

Saahi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Re: Chance Of admission Fall 2015 (HELP!!!!)

according to my online research and have gone through various forums, where people share their admits in Canadian universities.

you will easily get admission in all the universities you mentioned with strong Referrals and S.O.P except university of Alberta.

Alberta is oil driven province, so competition for petroleum Eng from UOA, is going to be very stiff. Honestly speaking chances are very thin for UOA with 74% in B.tech. You are from NIT or any other Top institute , it doesn't matters in Canada. Decisions are made on the basis of CGPA, Reference and sop.

But if you get into UOA in petroleum engg, you will be earning a lot in futture. Even other universities are also good and renowned in CANADA. Petroleum engg will definitly get you job , irrespective of your university

so best of luck

NIKKIHANES

Oct 3, 2014

Keeping UoA aside.. which other universities mentioned , is better ( in terms of location, job placements..etc). Also heard that in UoA for Meng the cut off is lower as its a self funded program. Would it also help if , instead of Fall I apply for Winter semester .

NIKKIHANES

Oct 3, 2014

Anyone.. pls reply
What are the chances for MEng Petroleum at Uni of Alberta