+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CFA designation

hmashru

Feb 19, 2017
Hi,

I am from India and planning to apply for the Canadian PR.

I have done Bachelor of Commerce which will get classified as a Bachelors by WES. I have also earned the CFA charter from the CFA Institute, USA and am allowed to use the designation. As far as I understand, WES does not recognize CFA.

How do I include the CFA in my application? And does it earn me any extra points in the CRS? The CFA charter can only be achieved after graduation (minimum Bachelors degree) and 4 years of full-time work ex.

In the Express Entry CRS calculator on canadavisa.com if I select "In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?" as YES along with 3 year Bachelor degree then my score changes from 429 to 462.

This has been creating a lot of confusion for me. I really appreciate any help or clarity on the issue.

Thank you.

hmashru

Feb 19, 2017
So do I get no points for the CFA charter?

Is there anywhere on the application form that I can mention having completed the course? Would that help?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hmashru said:
So do I get no points for the CFA charter?

Is there anywhere on the application form that I can mention having completed the course? Would that help?
No points for CFA

gff

Jan 17, 2017
The best way to use the CFA designation is to get a job offer, and then boost your points.

Zen D

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

I have done Bachelor of Commerce which will get classified as a Bachelors by WES. I have also earned the CFA charter from the CFA Institute, USA and am allowed to use the designation. As far as I understand, WES does not recognize CFA.

How do I include the CFA in my application? And does it earn me any extra points in the CRS? The CFA charter can only be achieved after graduation (minimum Bachelors degree) and 4 years of full-time work ex.

In the Express Entry CRS calculator on canadavisa.com if I select "In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?" as YES along with 3 year Bachelor degree then my score changes from 429 to 462.

This has been creating a lot of confusion for me. I really appreciate any help or clarity on the issue.

Thank you.
There has to be a way to get it counted as a second degree, diploma or a certificate .... Please update. will really appreciate your response on this.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
There has to be a way to get it counted as a second degree, diploma or a certificate .... Please update. will really appreciate your response on this.
it won't.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so what do you suggest ?

Is there anyway to get an official answer on it ?
You have the official answer. No points for CFAs. It's a designation - not a program.

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hi,

Thank you.
If you have the charter then you may raise a query with CIC about this or try any other ECA evaluator (other than WES) you might strike chance.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
If you have the charter then you may raise a query with CIC about this or try any other ECA evaluator (other than WES) you might strike chance.
It's not a diploma. It will never be evaluated.