+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CFA charter

hmashru

Feb 19, 2017
Hi,

I have received my ITA and am in process of submitting my e-APR.

Since WES does not recognise the CFA designation, I was not allowed to include it in my EE profile.

Now that I am submitting the detailed application, should I upload a scanned copy of the CFA charter along with my other degrees and ECA? Or should I leave it out?

Kindly guide me on this.

Thank you.

kor03

Nov 11, 2016
No. I think you should upload only ECA/WES evaluated documents, CFA charter is a professional certificate and it is not equivalent to the High education diploma

hmashru

Feb 19, 2017
No. I think you should upload only ECA/WES evaluated documents, CFA charter is a professional certificate and it is not equivalent to the High education diploma
Okay, thank you for the response.

I had read somewhere that one can upload it with other documents.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to update but you can mention about this in personal history

Gini

Mar 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I didn't upload mine. I don't think I even mentioned it since I don't think it would get any CRS points. But in retrospect, I guess it may have made sense to upload it together with a job reference letter for example, since under the NOC code CFA Charter is one of the things mentioned that would be typical (but not required) for my NOC code. But I didn't and so far no issues with that, I think my job description is obvious enough on its own, but if you have any doubts, I am sure uploading CFA Charter can't hurt.

Reactions: thisworks

interstude

May 31, 2017
Hi,

I have received my ITA and am in process of submitting my e-APR.

Since WES does not recognise the CFA designation, I was not allowed to include it in my EE profile.

Now that I am submitting the detailed application, should I upload a scanned copy of the CFA charter along with my other degrees and ECA? Or should I leave it out?

Kindly guide me on this.

Thank you.
CFA charter is useless under PR application. This is not a required document nor the industry licence in Canada.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CFA charter is useless under PR application. This is not a required document nor the industry licence in Canada.
CFA charter from US is considered very prestigious in Canada and will definitely help him in getting decent jobs.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
CFA charter from US is considered very prestigious in Canada and will definitely help him in getting decent jobs.
Off topic - I wanted to check if we need to become a member of the Local Canadian CFA society in order to continue to use our charter? My membership for the Indian society expires shortly and wondering if I should get it renewed or wait till I land and then get a local body's membership since the cost difference is significant.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not required..I am CIA and holding membership from India..Never took member ship at local chapter in US as annual membership fee difference is over 3 times

No body asks for your local chapter...all they see is your membership certificate