+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CES ECA

Nadiah781

Aug 6, 2019
Lahore
Hi,

We are looking to get out degrees evaluated from CES for both husband and wife.
Husband will be the primary applicant and has a 2 year BA (PU) and 2 year MBA (UCP) from Pakistan, where as i have a BBA Hons (VU) from Pakistan.
a. do we need to get ECA for both husband and wife?
b. does husband need ECA for MBA+BA or just MBA?
c. can we send all our degrees in a single envelop mentioning both our assigned numbers
d. can we request CES to return both our ECA on the same address so that we dont have to pay the delivery fee twice?
e. CAD210 per credential means per degree? right?

kashifkasim

Apr 9, 2019
Hey there,

I am also getting my ECA done from CES, hopefully i can answer few of your queries.

Primary applicant needs to get ECA done, will have to check for spouse

UoT (CES) only the highest qualification to get ECA done, you can get both MBA+BA done but that will cost you

c. can we send all our degrees in a single envelop mentioning both our assigned numbers
I guess you can, get you get all you degress from your uni in separate envelop and then put all in one big envelop (use search function to get better help)

d. can we request CES to return both our ECA on the same address so that we dont have to pay the delivery fee twice?
Cant comment, better to call them and get the confirmation.

Yes they charge per degree, i was charges CAD 311.7 which included delivery and taxes.

princepk

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry didn't read your whole post but just sharing what I know.

Principal applicant and his/her apouse have to get their ECA separately to be able to claim EE points.

Imranhakro

Aug 13, 2019
Hi,

We are looking to get out degrees evaluated from CES for both husband and wife.
Husband will be the primary applicant and has a 2 year BA (PU) and 2 year MBA (UCP) from Pakistan, where as i have a BBA Hons (VU) from Pakistan.
A. Yes, ECA would be done for both.

B. ECA is done for the highest awarded degree, though you have to send preceding degrees as well. i.e. BA

C. Yes you can. But make sure that all the envelopes received by respective universities are sealed by them. Hence unopened.

D. Delivery fee is paid by each applicant separately along with the ECA fee. For WES you both are two separate applicants who want their ECAs, regardless of the fact that the addresses are the same. So answer for your question D is No.

E. CAD 210 means for each evaluation. CAD 420 for the ECAs of you both.

Hope I have answered well enough to be understood.

BTW, me (dependent) and my wife (primary applicant) are also arranging to send our documents for ECA this month and we are in process of collecting our educational documents.

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
Hi..

If we add Post Graduation and Graduation separately as Credential 1 and credential 2 then CES is charging double fees 2 x $210... Is it the way or can we avoid this double fees ?

Also i think it is necessary to send the credentials of Graduation programme and without that CES can't assign as Master degree Or "two of more degrees"

Faizan_CS

Jan 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post in the relevance. I have read multiple threads regrading the process for having ECA from CES. The instructions are quiet clear here. I however, really am confused.

Im sending the documents from Pakistan to CES for ECA. I already have my degree and transcript attested from the HEC in the sealed envelope. But there are few problems.

1- My attested photocopies in sealed envelope are plain(black and white) photocopies are they accepted or do i have to get colored photocopies attested again?
2- My package was attested and sealed in October (still sealed). Does this really matter? Can i send the same envelope for ECA?
3- Do I have to send colored photocopy of my passport or CNIC along with the complete package sent to UoT or any one will do the job?

irk321

Sep 6, 2018
Looking for expert feedback in my question. I have done 2 years B.Com and 2 years MBA, can I get Master equivalency from CES?

musaraza14

Jun 3, 2020
I have 2 yrs Bachelor's degree followed by 2 yrs MBA(75 Credit Hrs) (16 years education). To get a better CRS score, I am in dire need to get a Master's equivalence. For ECA through CES, I am in a quandary whether to send my bachelor's degree with MBA or not. My mind is pushing me to send only MBA degree while 2 different consultants have advised to send Bachelor's degree as well, without mentioning any specific reason for the same.

Do any of you see any harm in sending/not sending bachelor's degree?
Which option would have better chances of getting master's equivalence (I know, no one except CES can decide that, but still need your opinion)

Don't you think sending both degrees would make it obvious that I have 16 yrs education which could deny me a master's equivalence?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hello All,
I got the report from CES. My details and timeline below:

University - Anna University
Place - Chennai
Degree Studied - MBA (Technology Management)
Nature - Part Time/Distance Education
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Transcripts Reached CES office - Dec 11, 2019
Date Document uploaded in their system - Jan 25
First two steps done - March 21
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

ECA - Masters Equivalency from a recognized University

No one explained to me if CES would equate a Masters's degree in India as Masters in Canada but I got Masters equivalency.

At the same time, a friend of mine who completed a "Master of management studies" from Mumbai University, was awarded "bachelor's equivalency".
One thing is for sure. If your certificate reads MBA and if your University/Institution is under UGC, go with CES. Else do not go. MCAs, MAs, MSCs, and others (Except MBA) are advised not to go with CES.

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay

Reactions: rajbabu23

rajbabu23

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chennai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi,
@aj534160 congratulations Hope you are progressing well in the PR Process journey. I have a question. Hope you can help me here.

I already have my UG (4 yrs Engineering from Anna University) evaluated from WES.
Now I want my 2 yrs Distance Education MBA in Technology Management from Centre of Distance Education, Anna University to be evaluated as Canadian Masters. I'm planning to go with CES.
My question is, should I send only my MBA transcripts to CES or UG transcripts is also required?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hi,
@aj534160 congratulations Hope you are progressing well in the PR Process journey. I have a question. Hope you can help me here.

I already have my UG (4 yrs Engineering from Anna University) evaluated from WES.
Now I want my 2 yrs Distance Education MBA in Technology Management from Centre of Distance Education, Anna University to be evaluated as Canadian Masters. I'm planning to go with CES.
My question is, should I send only my MBA transcripts to CES or UG transcripts is also required?
Hi Buddy,
You shall simply send your PG transcripts to CES. UG is not needed

Reactions: rajbabu23

Ukac

Oct 28, 2022
Hello All,
I got the report from CES. My details and timeline below:

University - Anna University
Place - Chennai
Degree Studied - MBA (Technology Management)
Nature - Part Time/Distance Education
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Transcripts Reached CES office - Dec 11, 2019
Date Document uploaded in their system - Jan 25
First two steps done - March 21
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

ECA - Masters Equivalency from a recognized University

No one explained to me if CES would equate a Masters's degree in India as Masters in Canada but I got Masters equivalency.

At the same time, a friend of mine who completed a "Master of management studies" from Mumbai University, was awarded "bachelor's equivalency".
One thing is for sure. If your certificate reads MBA and if your University/Institution is under UGC, go with CES. Else do not go. MCAs, MAs, MSCs, and others (Except MBA) are advised not to go with CES.

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay

Did you have to do HRD and attestation ?