+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CES ECA Report Interpretation

Ann_J

Jun 9, 2021
Hello,

I received my ECA Report from CES and am confused how to interpret it for the purpose of CRS. I submitted 2 credentials - B.Com & M.Com.

The result read:

Outcome 1: Four Year Bachelor's Degree from a Recognized University (Remarks: This equivalency takes into consideration combined credentials listed above) - Credential 1 & Credential 2
Outcome 2: Post Graduate Diploma from a recognized university - Credential 2

Does this mean I am eligible to claim points under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, where one must be a program of 3 or more years"? Is there anyone who might have faced a similar result and know how to proceed? I'm confused because of the remarks CES included for Outcome 1 which says it is a combined equivalency. But since total years of study is 5, and M.Com = Postgraduate Diploma, would it be alright to select "two or more". Please help me!! Really in a dilemma here. Thanks in advance.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
YES, from the report it means you'll be eligible for the following
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, where one must be a program of 3 or more years

Provide details of your educational qualifications so we could see the combined credentials mentioned by ECA

Ann_J

Jun 9, 2021
YES, from the report it means you'll be eligible for the following
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, where one must be a program of 3 or more years

Provide details of your educational qualifications so we could see the combined credentials mentioned by ECA

Thank you for your response.

My educational qualification is:

Credential 1 - Bachelors of Commerce (Honours) (3 years)
Credential 2 - Master of Commerce (2 years)

It is confusing me because for Outcome 1 they have included both Credential 1 & 2 and then again shown Outcome 2 only for Credential 2 separately.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your response.

My educational qualification is:

Credential 1 - Bachelors of Commerce (Honours) (3 years)
Credential 2 - Master of Commerce (2 years)

It is confusing me because for Outcome 1 they have included both Credential 1 & 2 and then again shown Outcome 2 only for Credential 2 separately.
There ain't anything to be concerned about. You can input the details of Education qualification along with the ECA report number, and the system automatically assigns you the score for two certificates

Ann_J

Jun 9, 2021
There ain't anything to be concerned about. You can input the details of Education qualification along with the ECA report number, and the system automatically assigns you the score for two certificates
Thanks so much! Will do that

Ann_J

Jun 9, 2021
Hey I had one more doubt if you don't mind - While completing Express Entry Profile - what would be the correct Level of Education (Canada Equivalent) for what CES ECA has assessed to be a post graduate diploma? Would One-year program at a University, College, Trade or Technical School be the correct one to select?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hey I had one more doubt if you don't mind - While completing Express Entry Profile - what would be the correct Level of Education (Canada Equivalent) for what CES ECA has assessed to be a post graduate diploma? Would One-year program at a University, College, Trade or Technical School be the correct one to select?
you can provide your real course duration on the education section