RPRF fees requested and paid on 19-02-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already Landed
Hi Friends,

I have a question about "Certified True Copies" accepted by Quebec Immigration office. I am currently in Quebec and have already submitted my application for CSQ.

I have submitted them the "Sworn" in copies instead of "Certified true copies", as we are currently in Quebec and we have the originals with us hence it was not possible for us to go to our country of birth and get the certified true copies done there.

I recently received an email from MICC to submit all the certified true copies of the documents as mentioned in the checklist :

"Certified true copy
Copy of a document certified as true to the original by the institution holding the original or by the legal authority duly authorized to certify
a copy of a document.
Example 1: A copy of your originals diplomas or transcripts must be certified as true by the administration or registrar of the educational
institution (school, college or university) that issued your diplomas or transcripts or by an authorized legal authority (Ministère de l'éducation
or other equivalent government bodies).
Example 2: A copy of your act of birth must be certified as true by the national, regional or municipal legal authority responsible for keeping
civil status registers (Direction de l'état civil, a government department, consulate, etc.).
The authorized person must write in block letters on the copy:
• The declaration: “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.”
• Name of the original document
• Date of the certification
• Position or title of the authorized person
• His or her name
The authorized person must sign the copy and affix the seal of the institution, if any.
Note: The copy of a document sworn by a person (a commissioner for oaths, officer of the court or justice of the peace) who does not hold
the original or who cannot certify its validity is not a certified true copy of the original."

Now I am stuck and it would be really difficult for me to go to my home country and get the certified true copies done. It seems that MICC is now very strict about the "Certified True Copies" and we cannot get this done in Quebec.

Please help us on this. Thanks.

akshagarwal

Jun 12, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already Landed
Hi Gurus,

Can you please help me on this?

cezar99

Dec 11, 2011
I have the same issue, except the school that I went to refuses to certify the copy of my partner's undergraduate diploma and I am not sure if the immigration officials will accept academic transcripts; initially, we sent them official transcripts along with copy of the diploma and they still asked for certified copies of the diploma.

akshagarwal

Jun 12, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already Landed
Thanks for replying buddy..What should we do then?

cezar99

Dec 11, 2011
I just emailed Quebec to ask them if I can use official transcripts instead of certified copy of the diploma. I will let you know when they reply.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The definition, as mentioned below, states:
• The declaration: “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.”
• His or her name

However, I know my university usually provides the diploma with a stamp saying "True Copy" and the signature of the authorized person - should I also ask them to mention all the above information...such as the statement: "I certify that this is a true copy of the diploma" (for exp)..

or will it work to just have "true copy" stamped and signed?

thanks

akshagarwal

Jun 12, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already Landed
Hi EFK,

Even I am at the same situation, I submitted my degree and marksheet copies on which my HOD wrote "True Copy" and put a college seal having her name too. I hope they accept this, it has been one month since I submitted all the documents again and I didnt receive any reply from them.

Finders crossed.

SURYA1

Apr 15, 2013
Hi,

In the certified True copy it is mentioned "by an authorized legal authority (Ministère de l'éducation
or other equivalent government bodies)" .What does it mean? Attestation by State Home department and MEA?

Do they accept Certified True copy by HOD of college.Even though it was issued University?

If we get certified true copy from Registrar, is that sufficient or it should be endorsed by State Home department and MEA?

Please clarify?

akshagarwal

Jun 12, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already Landed
Do they accept Certified True copy by HOD of college.Even though it was issued University?

Yes

If we get certified true copy from Registrar, is that sufficient or it should be endorsed by State Home department and MEA?

Yes, Registrar should do. If not registrar then it should be endorsed by State Home department and MEA

Motabs

Feb 4, 2013
cezar99

I sent official transcripts as well. But my official transcripts are special. If I try to make a photocopy of my transcripts, the copies will say COPY on it. It is made out of a special paper with a coating.

We received a receipt from Quebec gov around the New Year 2014 - file opened. Submitted the file on Aug 1. 2013. So it took us 5 months to open a file. Now waiting for CSQ.

aliakk

Nov 1, 2015
cezar99 said:
I just emailed Quebec to ask them if I can use official transcripts instead of certified copy of the diploma. I will let you know when they reply.

did thy reply ?

Shreebad

Dec 1, 2015
akshagarwal said:
Hi Friends,

I have a question about "Certified True Copies" accepted by Quebec Immigration office. I am currently in Quebec and have already submitted my application for CSQ.

I have submitted them the "Sworn" in copies instead of "Certified true copies", as we are currently in Quebec and we have the originals with us hence it was not possible for us to go to our country of birth and get the certified true copies done there.

I recently received an email from MICC to submit all the certified true copies of the documents as mentioned in the checklist :

"Certified true copy
Copy of a document certified as true to the original by the institution holding the original or by the legal authority duly authorized to certify
a copy of a document.
Example 1: A copy of your originals diplomas or transcripts must be certified as true by the administration or registrar of the educational
institution (school, college or university) that issued your diplomas or transcripts or by an authorized legal authority (Ministère de l'éducation
or other equivalent government bodies).
Example 2: A copy of your act of birth must be certified as true by the national, regional or municipal legal authority responsible for keeping
civil status registers (Direction de l'état civil, a government department, consulate, etc.).
• His or her name
The authorized person must sign the copy and affix the seal of the institution, if any.
Note: The copy of a document sworn by a person (a commissioner for oaths, officer of the court or justice of the peace) who does not hold
the original or who cannot certify its validity is not a certified true copy of the original."

Now I am stuck and it would be really difficult for me to go to my home country and get the certified true copies done. It seems that MICC is now very strict about the "Certified True Copies" and we cannot get this done in Quebec.

Please help us on this. Thanks.
Hi Akshagarwal,

Hope by now u r done with ur immigration procedures.
Actually, I am currently facing the same "certified true copies" syndrome. Last week I received an email of intend to reject from MIDI asking for the submission of certified true copies of a transcript for me and my wife. And I am an inland applicant and now confused how to get the transcripts certified to true. I like to share ur experience how did you get ur transcripts certified and what's the best way to get the certified true copies here, without going to India.

Looking forward for your answer.

Thanks

Shreebad