Certified Translator (Notarising?)

bilkentli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Hello experts,

I collected all my documents and ready to make them translated. I have found a Canadian (ATIO) certified translator. As he said, I do not need to notarize my documents and no need of affidavit of the translator. He says he can provide "true copy stamp"

However, on the CIC website, it says certified photocopy of the document is needed (see below, the second bullet): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/scan-upload-documents.html

I am confused. Affidavit is not needed (it is clear on CIC but still it says certified photocopy/when you click on it, you can see the notary public)

What should I do? Do I misunderstand the whole process here?

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The certified photocopy requirement was relevant before the implementation of EE. Include the translations along with the originals.

Reactions: bilkentli

bilkentli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Thank you very much DelPiero07 but I think I don't get what you mean.

What do you mean by the implementation of EE? You mean it was required before EE / 2015 (confused because the certified copy need is still there on CIC website).

So there is no need for notary public or notarizing? Only the ATIO certified translator's stamp and signature suffice?

I found a paper about ATIO just now. (https://atio.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NeedToKnowEN.pdf)
It says "Translations bearing the stamp and signature of a Certified Translator in the relevant language combination are accepted by most federal and provincial government departments (such as immigration, driver and vehicle licensing) without any need for additional certification by a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public."

I think no need for notary then?

Sorry to ask the same question again, I don't want to be rejected because of a stupid mistake.

Thank you :)

bilkentli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Thank you very much DelPiero07.

I have sent you a special case question on DM. You are an expert and I would really appreciate if you take a look (I will erase this single message later).

bilkentli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Same boat, same boat. My ATIO translator told me that's all I need but I am having second thoughts. What did you do eventually?
Hello,

I did go with ATIO certified. But I did create cover stating that it is ATIO Certified Translation for each and also mentioned this certified number in LOE as well.

Double check the person's name in ATIO website before you work with this translator.

bilkentli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
The ATIO package did come with a translator declaration right? Did you provide an LOE on top of that?
Yes they provide their stamp. But I also mentioned it in the LoE, I guess no harm.

Vanessakh

Jan 10, 2019
Hello everyone and i'm sorry for coming back to this after such a long time.

I've received ITA through the last draw that has taken place on 9th January, i am a bit confused regarding the translation.

The translator i am dealing with is ATA certified (American Translations Associations), does that mean he is also certified in Canada?
In that case, is Affidavit needed?

thank you for relieving my concerns.

canada&back

Dec 20, 2018
Yes they provide their stamp. But I also mentioned it in the LoE, I guess no harm.
@bilkentli @decdeccan @DelPiero07

Need your advise on this:
I got a document translated by a certified translator in Canada. Therefore, an affidavit is not provided by him as also mentioned on IRCC website. Now, the translator sent me the translations (stamped and certified) along with a black and white copy of the original which has a the translators stamp as well. Since a translator cannot certify a true copy, I got certified true copies of the original from a notary. I therefore uploaded the original+ english translation (stamped and certified)+ notarized true copy of the original. My question is, do I also need to upload the stamped copy of the original (in black and white) that was provided to me by the translator for each of the translations? I'm super confused!! Should I raise a CSE and request to amend my documents as: original+certified translation+stamped copy of original provided by the translator+notarized true copy? I just submitted my eAPR and would like to raise a CSE, if necessary.

Reactions: thementor

rubina89

Feb 19, 2019

I got a document translated by a certified translator in Canada. Therefore, an affidavit is not provided by him as also mentioned on IRCC website. Now, the translator sent me the translations (stamped and certified) along with a black and white copy of the original which has a the translators stamp as well. Since a translator cannot certify a true copy, I got certified true copies of the original from a notary. I therefore uploaded the original+ english translation (stamped and certified)+ notarized true copy of the original. My question is, do I also need to upload the stamped copy of the original (in black and white) that was provided to me by the translator for each of the translations? I'm super confused!! Should I raise a CSE and request to amend my documents as: original+certified translation+stamped copy of original provided by the translator+notarized true copy? I just submitted my eAPR and would like to raise a CSE, if necessary.

What happened in your case? Did they accept how you submitted? I have to submit my eAPR soon. Please help.

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

Hello, can you please tell us what happened?