Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Anyone experienced in KSA? :eek:

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Of course you can, translation + affidavit + notarized will do.

Cheers ;)
Hi DelPiero07,

May I ask a question about translation? CIC website states:

Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp)

Based on this and your replies above, my understanding is that there are two routes to get docs translated:

(1) via a certified translator in Canada, only translation is needed, affidavit and certified photocopy not needed.

(2) via a non-certified person (in or outside of Canada), but need translation, affidavit, and certified photocopy.

May I ask is my understanding correct?

Thanks!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi DelPiero07,

May I ask a question about translation? CIC website states:

Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp)

Based on this and your replies above, my understanding is that there are two routes to get docs translated:

(1) via a certified translator in Canada, only translation is needed, affidavit and certified photocopy not needed.

(2) via a non-certified person (in or outside of Canada), but need translation, affidavit, and certified photocopy.

May I ask is my understanding correct?

Thanks!
Let me tell you what i did. I live outside of canada in the middle east. I just went to a translation office ( i.e someone who is certified here where i live by the government to do translation services), he did the translation with his signature and stamp and i made sure he also wrote this is a true translation of the attached document, he also attached a copy of the original document ( the arabic one) and stamped it ( showing that its a true copy).
I then went and got it stamped at the chamber of commerce ( basically that this is a certified translator) and then stamped it at the ministry of foreign affairs. Here ministry of foreign affairs stamps in arabic, so i paid extra and got them to stamp an Appostile, even though canada isnt not part of this appostile agreement, i still paid and got it because its in english.
Didnt need an affidavit.
Good luck

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Great thread, quick question. I need to have my police certificate translated and I live in New Zealand. I can't seem to find any translators who could provide me with an affidavit. Notary public can do this but those don't offer translation services. Could I have the translation done simply by a certified translator?

Would very much appreciate your reply :)

Jammawais

Feb 28, 2018
Dear same question is from my side I am in Dubai had a marriage (Nikah ) done by local authorities here and translation also done .
Just don't know about affidavit that should I provide or not.
PS. I have done with translation MOFA and Ministry of Justice Dubai what else please

Captain2019

Apr 21, 2019
I used this translation service - http://taontario.ca/
They are based in Toronto but they accept documents online from anywhere. You just need to scan the oriiginal documents and upload them, and they will send you a scan of the translation notarized by a Commissioner of Oaths. You can then upload these scans to your application with IRCC. I used this service for my application and got CoPR without any problems.
Hi,

I have a question...i got my documents translated by a certified translator and submitted my application yesterday for Express entry. Today, I happened to see on a different webpage on CIC about Canadian citizenship that a certified translator is one who translated and certifies both the translation as well as the original copy. I did not receive any such original copy certification from my translator. Did you also experience the same thing?

linalightning

Mar 28, 2019
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi cool_canada,

IRCC asked me to send them a translation of one of my degrees and I used https://cinchtranslation.com/

They were very easy to use (everything was online) and their translation was certified by the ATA. The first page they send you shows their credentials and their certified stamp. I had no problem with their translation when I sent it, so I hope this is helpful for you.

The best of lucks with your application!

Did they provide you with a hard copy or just send the translation by email?

Will the CIC accept copies or did they want the original translation? (family sponsorship application)

Thank you!