+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified RCMP Criminal Record

mari.kmedeiros

May 5, 2019
Hello everyone!
I was recently requested by IRCC to provide a criminal check based on fingerprints (I am inland). Even though the RCMP website states it will take 2 days for the criminal record to be issued when you don’t have any issues (my case), it’s been almost two weeks since I did it and i still haven’t received it back in my house.
Does anyone have any experience with that? How long did it take for you to receive your criminal record at home? I’m concerned because I’m supposed to submit it by mail and they must receive it by October 18th.
Thank you!

agilmore

Star Member
May 6, 2017
Hello everyone!
I was recently requested by IRCC to provide a criminal check based on fingerprints (I am inland). Even though the RCMP website states it will take 2 days for the criminal record to be issued when you don’t have any issues (my case), it’s been almost two weeks since I did it and i still haven’t received it back in my house.
Does anyone have any experience with that? How long did it take for you to receive your criminal record at home? I’m concerned because I’m supposed to submit it by mail and they must receive it by October 18th.
Thank you!
I am also waiting, they said will take about 10 working days tho. Why do you "have to" submit by mail? Did they give you 3 options of submitting them? like uploading online?

Reactions: mari.kmedeiros

mari.kmedeiros

May 5, 2019
I am also waiting, they said will take about 10 working days tho. Why do you "have to" submit by mail? Did they give you 3 options of submitting them? like uploading online?
On my request letter it states the address to send it, it asks for the original criminal record, even though the online tool also shows an upload field over there. I’m gonna send it both ways.
Hopefully it will arrive in the next days!

agilmore

Star Member
May 6, 2017
On my request letter it states the address to send it, it asks for the original criminal record, even though the online tool also shows an upload field over there. I’m gonna send it both ways.
it specifically said to only choose 1 out of those 3 ways to send it. I wouldn't do both. It asked for the scan of the original... read the words carefully tho.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hi there, since you were an AIPP applicant, may I know if the address given in your request letter is the same as CIO Sydney's where you submitted your PR application to? I am thinking of submitting my RCMP upfront but I am not sure if it will go to the same address

mari.kmedeiros

May 5, 2019
Hi Alanna,
No, it was not the same address as the file goes first to CIO and then it’s forwarded to the responsible visa office. But I understand that if you’re sending it together with your application, you can send it to the same address as it will be added to your application together with your other documents.

Hi there, since you were an AIPP applicant, may I know if the address given in your request letter is the same as CIO Sydney's where you submitted your PR application to? I am thinking of submitting my RCMP upfront but I am not sure if it will go to the same address

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hi Alanna,
No, it was not the same address as the file goes first to CIO and then it’s forwarded to the responsible visa office. But I understand that if you’re sending it together with your application, you can send it to the same address as it will be added to your application together with your other documents.
Got it, thanks a lot for responding and answering!