+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified Copies

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Can anyone advise if and what documents need to be certified copies when sending in spousal sponsorship application form - I was planning to send certified copies of all passports, bail etc. but it is working out quite expensive, reading through the instruction forms I can't actually see it specified anywhere that copies of anything need to be certified apart from if they are not in English or French....is this right? Thanks.

alokvaid1

Jan 13, 2017
LeelaD said:
Can anyone advise if and what documents need to be certified copies when sending in spousal sponsorship application form - I was planning to send certified copies of all passports, bail etc. but it is working out quite expensive, reading through the instruction forms I can't actually see it specified anywhere that copies of anything need to be certified apart from if they are not in English or French....is this right? Thanks.
Yes, I believe. I have done that as well.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
LeelaD said:
From my understanding they only need to be certified if they are translated from any other language other than English or French, I could be wrong. We didn't certify anything besides a notarized letter as proof.

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Thankyou Barch, the extra hundreds of dollars I was quoted to have birth certificates and passport copies etc. certified is an extra headache at the minute, i'm going to go ahead and just have our lease and common law declaration notarised the same as when applied for my visitor extension and go from there.