+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

certified copies for permanent residence

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, First it's good news that we have a section for refugees in here :)

I'm gathering my documents for permanent residence as a refugee. For the certified copies of my passport, ID etc. that were certified by Immigration when I went for my eligibility interview.

Should I submit the certified copies (the blue ink signature) that I was provided by Immigration or should I provide them with a copy of the certified copies?

Also, I have a true certified of my notice of decision, should I submit that or just a copy of it?

Thanks you very much

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
key78 said:
Hi Guys, First it's good news that we have a section for refugees in here :)

I'm gathering my documents for permanent residence as a refugee. For the certified copies of my passport, ID etc. that were certified by Immigration when I went for my eligibility interview.

Should I submit the certified copies (the blue ink signature) that I was provided by Immigration or should I provide them with a copy of the certified copies?

Also, I have a true certified of my notice of decision, should I submit that or just a copy of it?

Thanks you very much
Keep all your immigration certified copies with you safely cuz if u lost them you won't be able to get new copies as the original documents are seized. The notice of decision is the original copy never give it to any one. It can take months to request a new notice of decision in case you lost it. You may need your immigration certified copies (original ones) and notice of decision for other documents too. E.g travel document, driver license, work permit/extension etc.

With your PR application just send a photocopy of all your documents.

Hope it helps

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about the travel document? they want the original of notice of decision?

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Kriv have you already sent your PR application? have you got any respond when you sent those copies of the certified documents?
were you fine?

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, it is okay if I enclose the notice of seizure with my PR application along with the copies of the citified copes?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
yes i have already sent my application and it is received by CIC in August 2014.

Again only send the photocopy of all your documents and keep your immigration attested/certified copies and notice of decision with you for future use. DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL NOTICE OF DECISION ( the true certified copy you received from IRB is actually your original NOD)

it is okay if I enclose the notice of seizure with my PR application along with the copies of the citified copes?
No harm in sending a copy of your notice of seizure too. ( although it is not mandatory)....i did sent them with my application.

How about the travel document? they want the original of notice of decision?
yes if you need to applying for a travel document you have to send your original notice of decision (the one you have received from IRB). and passport canada department will return it back to you once they finalize the travel document application.

hope it helps and best of luck with your PR application.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much :)

just one more question. Regarding the travel document, is Quebec the province we sent our travel document form to?

today I download the form from Canada Service and found the address in Quebec, I just want to make sure. You know I'm still learning the refugee thing in here..a lot of things involved.

Thank you again for your time and effort in answering my questions. I really appreciate it :)

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
key78 said:
Thank you very much :)

just one more question. Regarding the travel document, is Quebec the province we sent our travel document form to?

today I download the form from Canada Service and found the address in Quebec, I just want to make sure. You know I'm still learning the refugee thing in here..a lot of things involved.

Thank you again for your time and effort in answering my questions. I really appreciate it :)
Yes Correct. the application for travel document for refugees is sent to Gatineau, Quebec.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Kriv For question 7 on schedule 14: Are you a legal and permanent resident of any country?
B. If yes, what country (ies)?
C. Can you return to that country?

what do they mean by legal and permanent resident of any country? is it the same as a citizen of that country?
what did you answer for this question?

Thank you

jane66

Nov 7, 2018
@kriv For question 7 on schedule 14: Are you a legal and permanent resident of any country?
B. If yes, what country (ies)?
C. Can you return to that country?

what do they mean by legal and permanent resident of any country? is it the same as a citizen of that country?
what did you answer for this question?

Thank you

Hi, I have the same question, should we indicate the citizenship country?
Thanks!