+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certification in BC

videshram

Sep 24, 2019
Hi. I am trying to get some clarification with regards to Teacher Certification in BC using
https://www.bcit.ca/ices/. On the home page I am seeing the two options below
1) General Applicants (Basic and Comprehensive)
2) For Immigration
Which one should I be considering? I have initially sent my transcript to WES to be assessed to get my ECA as I am not a Permanent Resident of Canada and I am considering applying for the Federal Skilled Worker program (Express Entry) I know that each province has their own policies and regulations with regards to Teacher certification. WES is Toronto/Ontario based so I'm guessing that assessment will not be applicable to BC. Which brings me back to what I mentioned before about getting certification in BC should I be looking at General Applicants or the one that says For Immigration? If General should I be doing Basic or Comprehensive? I'm a bit confused at this time.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. It will be greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I am aware of this. Thanks for your feedback. Do you know of any colleges or universities in the Toronto/Ontario area that offers a similar Teacher Updating Program?
No Ontario doesn’t have a similar program. That is perhaps because Ontario usually has a surplus of teachers except a few subjects like French.