Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Hello!
I, along with my wife as a co-applicant have reached to a score of 428, which is soon going to exhaust after my birthday which is coming up soon! Now, I have only two options to boost up my scores 1. Pursue a certificate course and 2. Enroll myself to learn French as my second language.

For the certification, I am looking for a course related to my qualification and experience which is here: https://cstudies.ubc.ca/programs/project-management-certificate-online
Can anyone advise me if this certification would fetch me additional points, or not? If yes, how much?

Also, for the French examination, which level is to be cleared to score well? Again, if so, how much? Is there any link to information which I could refer to? Kindly note, that I am not necessarily looking for a particular province based rating system. I am looking for CIC EE as an option.

Thanking you all in anticipation.
Looking to some affirmation from somewhere.
Regards!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
For IELTS you need CLB9 to score maximum. IF you already have its fine or else you can get L8 R7 W7 L7 to get additional points. FOR french it is only TEF exams that is valid and its not so easy to score. Anyway with 428 you can apply to any province that would be easier if u try New Brunswick or Prince Edward ISland.

I am with crs 438. I hope to get ITA withing few months so waiting.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Does PnP have any basic criteria? As in if someone gets ITA from suppose PEI, is there any rule that they have to stay in that province for a minimum number of months or years?
Pls share your opinion.
TIA.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Ichowdhury said:
Does PnP have any basic criteria? As in if someone gets ITA from suppose PEI, is there any rule that they have to stay in that province for a minimum number of months or years?
Pls share your opinion.
TIA.
yes it is between 2 to 3 yrs.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Thank you asivad anac. Are you confirmed no such rule exists?
And if we move out from the province from where we get the invite, can there be any legal or general complications?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichowdhury said:
Thank you asivad anac. Are you confirmed no such rule exists?
And if we move out from the province from where we get the invite, can there be any legal or general complications?
Yes. No such rule exists because the Canadian constitution allows PRs and Citizens equal opportunity and full mobility rights to live and work wherever they want to inside Canada.

However, if you've gone over on a provincial nomination, it is prudent to try and build a life in that province for a reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before deciding to move elsewhere. If you do it immediately, chances are that the province will go legal against you claiming that you never had an intention to stay in that province (this could potentially get your PN declared void ab initio and your PR status revoked as well). Though it is unlikely that the province will actually win the legal battle so easily, I imagine that the last thing you would want as a fresh-off-the-boat PR is a legal battle against your province.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. No such rule exists because the Canadian constitution allows PRs and Citizens equal opportunity and full mobility rights to live and work wherever they want to inside Canada.

However, if you've gone over on a provincial nomination, it is prudent to try and build a life in that province for a reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before deciding to move elsewhere. If you do it immediately, chances are that the province will go legal against you claiming that you never had an intention to stay in that province (this could potentially get your PN declared void ab initio and your PR status revoked as well). Though it is unlikely that the province will actually win the legal battle so easily, I imagine that the last thing you would want as a fresh-off-the-boat PR is a legal battle against your province.
You sound absolutely convincing. Thank you so much for your reply.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Asivad Anac said:

you also say the same thing. I dint say u have give a bond. I also suggested to stay 2-3 years.May be when you go for applying a citizenship this things count. you cant use the PNP just to enter Canada. The way you suggest people would go and shift anywhere.

zaki100

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
why dont you try getting a certificate of qualification!! that's 50points if your a trades person,,,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
you also say the same thing. I dint say u have give a bond. I also suggested to stay 2-3 years.May be when you go for applying a citizenship this things count. you cant use the PNP just to enter Canada. The way you suggest people would go and shift anywhere.
You said it is between 2 to 3 years which is incorrect. There is actually no rule that decides how long one must stay in a province. But the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms does explicitly state that PR and citizens have full mobility rights to live and work anywhere inside Canada.

Plus I am certainly not advocating that one use the PNP to simply land in Canada and shift to any province immediately - that would be wrong.

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
bestofluck said:
For IELTS you need CLB9 to score maximum. IF you already have its fine or else you can get L8 R7 W7 L7 to get additional points. FOR french it is only TEF exams that is valid and its not so easy to score. Anyway with 428 you can apply to any province that would be easier if u try New Brunswick or Prince Edward ISland.

I am with crs 438. I hope to get ITA withing few months so waiting.
Dear bestofluck,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am at IELTS-8.5 (L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-8) so that option is also closed.
I have heard about TEF being very tough...but thats the only option i guess.

Regarding Province-nomination, I am an Architect, and dont qualify for New-Brunswick...will have to check for PEIsland, however if you have any further information on Nominations-provincial let me know.

I am looking forward to hear something from OOPNP, but i guess they dont need Architects. since I have been in the EE pool since july-2015

Anyways, Let me know if you have any insights/leads for other provincial nominations which I can apply.

cheers,

Shah

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
zaki100 said:
why dont you try getting a certificate of qualification!! that's 50points if your a trades person,,,
That is what I am looking forward to do. However I have shortlisted a course which is offered by University of British-Columbia - Canada, but its a 100% online course. I dont know whether it will be qualified for additional 50 points.

Does anyone have any idea, if this course can qualify to get additional points.
https://cstudies.ubc.ca/programs/project-management-certificate-online

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Shah