+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of readiness for 2nd time

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hello,
Around December 2018 I applied for Refugee Claim

Around April 2019, I received a letter indicating that my claim could be considered for the file review process, and asking for supporting evidence, I prepared my evidence and sent that to them through my lawyer, I paid around 3000 dollars for that, and since that, I never heard anything from them.

Around January 2020, my lawyer closed her practice and transferred me to another lawyer.

Around August 2020, I received a letter from IRB indicating that my claim will be processed with a regular hearing.

Around January 2021, I received a letter again indicating that my claim could be considered for the file review process and asking for supporting evidence (the same previous letter with dates changed), and the new lawyer asking me to pay her to assist me with that.

So my question is why they are asking me for the evidence again ? and since I paid my previous lawyer, why I have to pay the new lawyer? I have the file that was prepared with my previous lawyer.

Any advice please, what should I do now?

Regards.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
No need to pay the lawyer if you dont have new evidences, just fill the certificate of readiness again and mail it to them, just call refugee board and they let you know how to do that.
You can send the evidence in same way if you have any.