+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Qualification (CoQ) counts as what level of education under EE?

JanT

Jul 28, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am a Cabinetmaker from Germany and and had a previous Credential assessment from WES, evaluating my German certificate as only equivalent to a secondary school diploma. That's why I recently wrote the Red Seal exam, passed and got my ticket/ CoQ in Canada.

4)
I am not clear what to put in as "what is your highest level of education?"
-1-year program at university, college, trade or technical school, or other institution
-2-year program at university, college, trade or technical school, or other institution
-3-year program at university, college, trade or technical school, or other institution
etc...

Apprentices usually have to go through a 4-year program in Canada. I did not, but got Canadian certification after challenging the exam.
What confuses me is that there is also: 7) "Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?" later, which awards 50 points.
Do I have to use the "WES secondary school" as level of education or since having a Canadian certificate can have it count equal to something
(1,2 or 3-year program at university, college or technical school). I am using the CRS-points calclulator to check the points.

Any help is highly appreciated.