+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of employment

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
Hi everyone!

I hired a visa consultant to assist me on my documents for my student visa application. One of the requirements are the COE's from my previous work which I've already sent to her. Right now I am unemployed and she wants me to make a COE for a current job which I don't have one. She said that it would be better if I can provide one so that we can justify to the visa officer that I will return to my country after my studies in Canada. The biggest problem here is that I need to falsify this certain document to provide one which is very inappropriate and against my will. My questions are, is it not enough to state in my letter of intent that I would return to my country after my studies? Do I need to falsify this document to justify my return? Does being unemployed at the moment of the application process would be disastrous and increase the chance of denial?

I would be very grateful if you can share your thoughts and opinions regarding this matter.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone!

I hired a visa consultant to assist me on my documents for my student visa application. One of the requirements are the COE's from my previous work which I've already sent to her. Right now I am unemployed and she wants me to make a COE for a current job which I don't have one. She said that it would be better if I can provide one so that we can justify to the visa officer that I will return to my country after my studies in Canada. The biggest problem here is that I need to falsify this certain document to provide one which is very inappropriate and against my will. My questions are, is it not enough to state in my letter of intent that I would return to my country after my studies? Do I need to falsify this document to justify my return? Does being unemployed at the moment of the application process would be disastrous and increase the chance of denial?

I would be very grateful if you can share your thoughts and opinions regarding this matter.

Thanks.
1. You submit false documents, it is misrepresentation and usually results in a 5 year ban from Canada.