+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Citizenship, June 2015 form

nerdtchose

Nov 6, 2015
Hello,

I'm Canadian, currently living in Canada; my boyfriend is American, born of Canadian parents, and currently living in the US. The goal is for him to come live with me here. My question is this:

He has sent the application for his certificate of citizenship in early July, right after CIC changed the forms to reflect the new immigration law. He'd already filled out the old form before the law went into effect, but it took a little while to get documents together. We didn't know there was a new form until there was a notice on the CIC website, about a month later (in August), stating that applications using the outdated form would be returned.

The notice is no longer there and hasn't been for a while. In the meantime, my boyfriend got an update from CIC that they had started processing his application on Nov. 3rd.

What are the chances that his application will be returned? Or does "processing" mean that CIC will consider the old form and move from there?

Thanks for your help!

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will NOT return the application if they have started processing it... However, they MAY ask for more information or document... Good luck.