+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Achievement for PGWP

Gokulstv

Oct 13, 2020
Yes we are able to apply for PGWP. But now with the new update on PGWP and online delivery, if you cant do 50% of your course in Canada you will not be able to get a PGWP.
Could you please
Can you tel me more ? No hurdle in getting pgwp for the course right? Certificate of achievement
Yes, please confirm if there are no hurdles in PGWP and it is just as good as an Graduate Certificate. because I am have an offer letter for Web design and development as well which is a "certificate of achievement" and not a "Graduate certificate. "

Beasy

Jan 13, 2020
Apparently it depends on the course if you get a PGWP. A certificate of achievement is not less valuable then others when it comes to PGWP. But you need to confirm with your college if that specific course is for example long enough like the min 8 months that are specified on the IRCC website.
This can easily be checked on the college website. For me it was Humber and they have a international viewbook were you can check.
https://international.humber.ca/assets/files/pdf/International-Viewbook---2020-2021---AODA-Version.pdf

Gokulstv

Oct 13, 2020
Apparently it depends on the course if you get a PGWP. A certificate of achievement is not less valuable then others when it comes to PGWP. But you need to confirm with your college if that specific course is for example long enough like the min 8 months that are specified on the IRCC website.
This can easily be checked on the college website. For me it was Humber and they have a international viewbook were you can check.
https://international.humber.ca/assets/files/pdf/International-Viewbook---2020-2021---AODA-Version.pdf
Thanks for the reply, Mine is Humber aswell and did go through the link you gave and it says the course is 2 semesters - 8 months, but it has a disclaimer saying that "students pursuing this course may not be eligible for post graduate work permit". I tried calling the international center at Humber , and the international advisor commented that consideration of certificate of achievement for PGWP depends on the immigration officer. The other thing strange about my course is that fee is only around 9500 dollars for the whole year which is only half compared to a graduate certificate program.

Beasy

Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the reply, Mine is Humber aswell and did go through the link you gave and it says the course is 2 semesters - 8 months, but it has a disclaimer saying that "students pursuing this course may not be eligible for post graduate work permit". I tried calling the international center at Humber , and the international advisor commented that consideration of certificate of achievement for PGWP depends on the immigration officer. The other thing strange about my course is that fee is only around 9500 dollars for the whole year which is only half compared to a graduate certificate program.
The answer I got from the international students agent at humber was that when they were putting together the pdf they were still consulting with IRCC about the issue. But he said that my course 3D visualisation ended up to be eligible for a PGWP. Honestly what I have is that email as reassurance and of course it depends also on individual cases and IRCC officers.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
To be eligible for a PGWP, you must complete a degree, diploma, or certificate program at a public college or university, or a private one authorized by provincial law to issue that degree, diploma, or certificate.

Hamna Gadar

Feb 10, 2022
Hello, i am an international student currently enrolled in a graduate certificate program duration 1 year started fall 2019. I was planning to apply for another program which is 3D modeling and visual effects at Humber college fall 2020. This program is "Certificate of Achievement" duration 8 months.
Does anyone know that if this program is eligible for PGWP. Am i eligible for 3 years work permit after 2 programs of 8 months.
Hi there,
I am also applying for a certificate of achievement at Humber college would you to tell me if you received your pgwp, I am applying for graphic design for print and web

Jul 27, 2022
Hi there,

I have done 1 year graduate certificate course in IT.

Now, I got an admission in Humber for 1 year web design and development course. Could anyone tell me is it the valid course to get PGWP after mt study completion.

Kindly guide me before I start my admission procedure ahead.

Also let me know what is the actual fees of this course if anyone know.

Thank you.

Kamesh B

Dec 3, 2022
Hello, i am an international student currently enrolled in a graduate certificate program duration 1 year started fall 2019. I was planning to apply for another program which is 3D modeling and visual effects at Humber college fall 2020. This program is "Certificate of Achievement" duration 8 months.
Does anyone know that if this program is eligible for PGWP. Am i eligible for 3 years work permit after 2 programs of 8 months.
Hi. Can we pick this course after UG degree. You took this course after ug?