+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate course from university of Toronto

Darshit 26

Mar 22, 2019
My name is Darshit , I have completed B.E. in Mechanical engineering and if I complete one certificate course from U OF T ,does it count in express entry profile as a two or more degrees

ahmedbadran

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Only few of us here are trying this option but from McMasrer University.
Most of us do not complete the degree yet, but one completed it and got invited already, but they are still reviewing his documents .. so no confirmed answer yet.
But in general the degree should academic and prefer to be one year study.

Darshit 26

Mar 22, 2019
Only few of us here are trying this option but from McMasrer University.
Most of us do not complete the degree yet, but one completed it and got invited already, but they are still reviewing his documents .. so no confirmed answer yet.
But in general the degree should academic and prefer to be one year study.
thanks for suggestion , I thought one certificate course would be preferable

Darshit 26

Mar 22, 2019
One course only will not be accepted for sure, one year study equal around 30 credit hours more or less. One course is only around 3 hours.
Well I did some research and I found few course on U of T website like Risk management certificate course which contains 3 courses and once completed they will give you certificate.

It's clearly mention in a note while selecting two or more degree option that degree , certificate course counts if it completed from accrediated canadian university

ahmedbadran

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Well I did some research and I found few course on U of T website like Risk management certificate course which contains 3 courses and once completed they will give you certificate.

It's clearly mention in a note while selecting two or more degree option that degree , certificate course counts if it completed from accrediated canadian university
It's mentioned somewhere in CIC website that the certificate should be minimum 1 year study.
I don't believe 3 courses qualifies as one year study load. That's only my opinion. Maybe CIC has a different one.
I heard of someone here did a 5-courses certificate and got invited but they are still reviewing his papers, so he doesn't know yet if they will accept this certificate or no.