Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
Hi, I have completed my distance MBA from ICFAI - Sikkim university and would like to enquire if this is recognized by WES. If yes can anyone guide me on how to get the certificate attested from ICFAI?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

swethaa

Jul 16, 2018
Hi, I have completed my distance MBA from ICFAI - Sikkim university and would like to enquire if this is recognized by WES. If yes can anyone guide me on how to get the certificate attested from ICFAI?
did u manage to get your master's degree accessed by any agency?

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
did u manage to get your master's degree accessed by any agency?
Yes, I got it attested by my university and it was recognized by WES as a 1-year Diploma. And I also received points for it at the moment I am waiting for my PPR.

swethaa

Jul 16, 2018
Yes, I got it attested by my university and it was recognized by WES as a 1-year Diploma. And I also received points for it at the moment I am waiting for my PPR.
Hi, did u do distance education from ICFAI, Sikkim ? and can i know which year.

Did u go thru any consultancy during ur WES assessment?

Last edited:

scallop

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019

hello sir
as i make a thread which still confused too much me
i also have a this problem
i want to start Master degree for OINP but i can not find in that list [name of all university]
how i can be sure additional of famous university in my country if i want to start master in county (not in big city) that degree will be asset as a MASTER not less that and i can obtain master degree
thanks in advance

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
Hi, did u do distance education from ICFAI, Sikkim ? and can i know which year.

Did u go thru any consultancy during ur WES assessment?
Hi Swetha, I completed my distance MBA in 2015. The course was a 2 years distance course. I did not use an agent for WES as the procedure is really simple and most of the universities are well versed with it.

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
hello sir
as i make a thread which still confused too much me
i also have a this problem
i want to start Master degree for OINP but i can not find in that list [name of all university]
how i can be sure additional of famous university in my country if i want to start master in county (not in big city) that degree will be asset as a MASTER not less that and i can obtain master degree
thanks in advance
Which country do you belong to?

swethaa

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Swetha, I completed my distance MBA in 2015. The course was a 2 years distance course. I did not use an agent for WES as the procedure is really simple and most of the universities are well versed with it.
I did the same, dsitance from ICFAI Sikkim, ended in 2014.. donno y WES doesnt recognize my MBA.

Could you please tel me how you got the attestation from the University done?
It would be a great favour.

swethaa

Jul 16, 2018
Eagerly waiting for your response. I want to know how u got the certificate attested.

I only paid for transcripts and couriered them to WES. Is there anything else i missed out?

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
Eagerly waiting for your response. I want to know how u got the certificate attested.

I only paid for transcripts and couriered them to WES. Is there anything else i missed out?[/QUO

I only paid for transcripts and couriered them to WES. Is there anything else i missed out?

Hi Swetha,

So I first sent an email to ICFAI (info@iusikkim.edu.in) informing them about the PR. They then emailed me asking for a scanned copy of my certificate and transcripts to verify. After sending the docs they asked me to pay Rs. 200 (payment link was provided in the email)

On receiving the payment they ask you to submit the original transcript along with a letter of request indicating the complete mailing address & in return they provide you fresh transcripts with credit and CGPA on the postal address.

As per the new rule by WES the university will stamp & seal the envelope and send it directly to WES.

Reactions: swethaa

swethaa

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Swetha,

So I first sent an email to ICFAI (info@iusikkim.edu.in) informing them about the PR. They then emailed me asking for a scanned copy of my certificate and transcripts to verify. After sending the docs they asked me to pay Rs. 200 (payment link was provided in the email)

On receiving the payment they ask you to submit the original transcript along with a letter of request indicating the complete mailing address & in return they provide you fresh transcripts with credit and CGPA on the postal address.

As per the new rule by WES the university will stamp & seal the envelope and send it directly to WES.
Thank you so much for the in-detailed response. I have some more questions
1. could you tell me how many points (CRS) u got for this MBA (considered as 1 year diploma) ? That would help me decide, if i have to pursue another course.
2. w.r.t Letter of request - should we indicate our residential address or WES postal address?
3. if ICFAI couriered your new transcript to WES - Wont the University ask for extra money (apart from Rs.200) to send the international courier. In that case how long did it take for WES to receive your transcripts from ICFAI?

Last edited:

swethaa

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Swetha,

Hi Melissa,

I know i'm asking you a lot of questions, it would be very helpful if you could respond soon to my previous query.
PS: wont bug u with anymore queries :)

Thanks a lot

P-shinde

Sep 30, 2019
Hi all we are facing a issue WES has ask icfai sikkim for verification by email.but Icfai sikkim is not responded them and when i checked with icfai after continous followup almost after two months they respond that they have not recieved any mail from WE$.we are going to further with WES..but please let us know if any suggeation or contact icfai that can expedite the process

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all we are facing a issue WES has ask icfai sikkim for verification by email.but Icfai sikkim is not responded them and when i checked with icfai after continous followup almost after two months they respond that they have not recieved any mail from WE$.we are going to further with WES..but please let us know if any suggeation or contact icfai that can expedite the process
WES will continue to send mail/email to your university every 60 days to answer. Your university should have received an email or mail from WES which will have all the steps to verify your education details.

Reactions: swethaa