+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cerebral Palsy For a 9 month old kid

SIH88

Oct 6, 2018
Hello, me and my wife are thirty years old and we are planning to migrate to Canada. I have a kid who has cerebral palsy who is 9 months old. The doctors say that it might take him couple of years to be ok, his medication and physiotherapy is going on. Since he is a baby the doctors cannot predict the sort of problems he would face. My question is will we be able to get a PR? What would be my best options and how could I go through with this?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, me and my wife are thirty years old and we are planning to migrate to Canada. I have a kid who has cerebral palsy who is 9 months old. The doctors say that it might take him couple of years to be ok, his medication and physiotherapy is going on. Since he is a baby the doctors cannot predict the sort of problems he would face. My question is will we be able to get a PR? What would be my best options and how could I go through with this?

Thanks
It depends on how much his care will cost the medical and social care system in Canada. If the costs are above $20K per year, then you can expect IRCC to refused the application. As part of the application, he will take a medical and there will be an assessment process to determine how much care he will require and what the costs of this care will be in Canada. It can be quite difficult for those with cerebral palsy to be approved for PR. However some are certainly successful if the case is not too serious and there is minimal medication / care required. Unfortunately it's difficult for us to guess what will happen.

SIH88

Oct 6, 2018
I've heard that I should not exceed about $5k per year, as the giv increased the bar?