+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB and EI

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Some people seem to be getting many payments close together instead of staggered. This may also be the case and you are expected to budget knowing this is for this month and next month. Would still try to reach CRA to clarify.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I received $2,000/- and $1,126/- on the same day after I did the In-line reporting for EI and on both it’s mentioned as EI. But when I check my My Account page in CRA, it has mentioned $1,126/- as my EI (Bi-Weekly payment). In short, I got $2,000/- as CERB and $1,126/- as EI on the same day.

Thsnks
Hello Jithu,
I am on the same boat as you! I received $2000(EI) few days back and after submitting my biweekly report today I got another payment for $1000. I didn’t apply for CERB still I got two payments under EI.
Could you please advise what should be done in this case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Jithu,
I am on the same boat as you! I received $2000(EI) few days back and after submitting my biweekly report today I got another payment for $1000. I didn’t apply for CERB still I got two payments under EI.
Could you please advise what should be done in this case?
EI gets automatically transferred to EI. Some people are getting payments in advance but apparently it will all even out so you need to budget. If you keep on receiving payments then you will need to return the extra funds. You can call CRA if you want further information about the payments.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
EI gets automatically transferred to EI. Some people are getting payments in advance but apparently it will all even out so you need to budget. If you keep on receiving payments then you will need to return the extra funds. You can call CRA if you want further information about the payments.
Yes looks like $1000 is the right amount for my biweekly report that I submitted. I am gonna set aside $2000 that I received and ready to pay back to CRA. Thank you for the reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes looks like $1000 is the right amount for my biweekly report that I submitted. I am gonna set aside $2000 that I received and ready to pay back to CRA. Thank you for the reply.
You may have received the 2k early for the next month. Some are getting these bunched up payments.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
You may have received the 2k early for the next month. Some are getting these bunched up payments.
Makes sense! I am gonna continue submitting my biweekly report until I am laid off. It might eventually even out. And As soon as I am hired back I’ll call CRA to terminate my EI claim. Thank you for your help sir.

Reactions: canuck78

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Makes sense! I am gonna continue submitting my biweekly report until I am laid off. It might eventually even out. And As soon as I am hired back I’ll call CRA to terminate my EI claim. Thank you for your help sir.
You don’t call the CRA to terminate a claim
The CRA cannot access EI applications
The CERB is a ESDC program, it’s just being administered by the CRA
. The money is driven by you doing the biweekly reports . If you don’t do the reports, no money is sent out
Same thing if you started your claim with CERB directly . If you don’t apply for each period , no funds are released

A_Y

Jun 1, 2020
HI, I also have a question regarding repayment of CERB money. I need to repay my April CERB, But I have already received May CERB too. When I login to my CRA account, after putting the value of 2000 for repayment It don't give me the option to specify the period for which i am repaying the CERB.

is anyone here going through same struggle??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI, I also have a question regarding repayment of CERB money. I need to repay my April CERB, But I have already received May CERB too. When I login to my CRA account, after putting the value of 2000 for repayment It don't give me the option to specify the period for which i am repaying the CERB.

is anyone here going through same struggle??
Call CRA.