+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Censorship on Canadavisa

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I notice that a lot of my posts have been deleted recently. To whoever deleted my threads and posts, if you thought that I wouldn't notice, I noticed. Here's some food for thought. I'm not the one who drew first blood by posting a bunch of xenophobic drivel on this site. From the looks of things, I'd say that a bunch of anti-immigrant whackjobs started accounts for the sole purpose of screwing around with us and making us feel unwelcome. To all you xenophobes out there, if you have no useful immigration advice to contribute, then back off. This is an immigration advice forum, not an outlet for your ideological bigotry.

Thumbs up if you agree that all these xenophobic trolls need to go.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Probably an opinion stopDA only - you might get your point across better if you are a bit more - polite.

I have been there too and reading my own wordings latter though they seem justified at the time because of being provoked by the other party. But i would rather not have those in the longer term.

This is the reason i believe some people who read your opinion much latter with a neutral mind MIGHT find it offensive. Personally, i agree close to with every thing you have said so far. Just would have been happier if you showed more tolerance :)

Having said all that, to the MODs or what ever - the point raised by stopDA is a valid one. I have seen several people rebuking, chastising, trolling and what not being the sole purpose of their account with ZERO posts helping any one out. So primary intent of this post is to request mods

"Please pay attention to the point highlighted by stopDA. After all it is an immigration process helping forum". Thanks

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I find it really difficult to be "polite" anymore, seeing that my life apparently has no value on the basis of where I was born. I don't take too kindly to being told that I was born solely to please a bunch people who were born within the confines of an arbitrarily defined area on the upper third of the American continent and aside from my usefulness to them, my life is worthless. I can go on and on denouncing them for this insane belief system of theirs, but I'm tired of wasting my time talking to a bunch of self-centered, arrogant, pig-ignorant (and often very hypocritical) nationalists. They are what they are and those are the most polite words I can use to describe them. If calling them out on their jingoism, bigotry, selfishness and hypocrisy is impolite, then politeness is impossible.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I realized that most of the people who are doing this are those who basically are life time losers and are looking for any excuse to rant about their failures in life and Canada.

Curse temp foreign workers, because it is due to them THEY cannot find a job for themselves, despite being totally incapable / or willing to work hard.

Seeing this, i feel a lot better and can distinguish between who i can discuss and argue with (over positives or negatives or faults in the government system) vs those who should simply be ignored. These guys would behave the same whether they are in Canada or Timbuktu - it is the attitude towards life, nationality here is just a coincidence.

Contrary to that you would find many humble, caring and respecting Canadians as well. Just give it some room. All the best.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it goes beyond just a bunch of lifetime losers ranting about foreign workers. Even government officials see us as disposable trash and many of them have made comments indicating so. Humble, caring and respectful Canadians? Well, I hope you're right about that. None of my Canadian friends have expressed a sudden hatred for me as a result of CBC's sensationalism that denigrates foreign workers. But I really find it hard to trust any Canadians right now. I notice that Canadians like to be really smug and act like they have the moral high ground on issues such as this. Plain and simple, Canadians are very passive aggressive and subtle people and I now find it really difficult to trust that your average Canadian welcomes me to their country. I don't even want people to know that I'm a TFW for fear that I'll be treated with contempt.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
stopDA said:
I think it goes beyond just a bunch of lifetime losers ranting about foreign workers. Even government officials see us as disposable trash and many of them have made comments indicating so. Humble, caring and respectful Canadians? Well, I hope you're right about that. None of my Canadian friends have expressed a sudden hatred for me as a result of CBC's sensationalism that denigrates foreign workers. But I really find it hard to trust any Canadians right now. I notice that Canadians like to be really smug and act like they have the moral high ground on issues such as this. Plain and simple, Canadians are very passive aggressive and subtle people and I now find it really difficult to trust that your average Canadian welcomes me to their country. I don't even want people to know that I'm a TFW for fear that I'll be treated with contempt.
Your average Canadian won't welcome you nor treat you bad, despite the fact they'll be looking at you as an outsider and this won't have to do with your status as a TFW but with the fact the moment you open your mouth to talk, they'll know you weren't born here. I've been here enough time and have opened numerous discussions on the subject, to be able to say that.

However, apart from the average Canadian, you'll find one once in a while who is outright rude and insulting to you, sometimes just because you look a bit different (I've heard racist remarks right on my face but that was just 2 times from 2 a-holes), other times for everyday stuff because the person in front of you is just rude anyway, BUT you'll also find a certain number who will be more friendly, helpful and caring than people of your own nationality here. I personally feel lucky to have met such people, who have showed me such support, that I've only gotten from a couple of people of my national community here.

In short: don't give a sh!t for the rude ones and just co-exist with most but look out for the good ones, they're real keepers.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
Your average Canadian won't welcome you nor treat you bad, despite the fact they'll be looking at you as an outsider and this won't have to do with your status as a TFW but with the fact the moment you open your mouth to talk, they'll know you weren't born here. I've been here enough time and have opened numerous discussions on the subject, to be able to say that.

However, apart from the average Canadian, you'll find one once in a while who is outright rude and insulting to you, sometimes just because you look a bit different (I've heard racist remarks right on my face but that was just 2 times from 2 a-holes), other times for everyday stuff because the person in front of you is just rude anyway, BUT you'll also find a certain number who will be more friendly, helpful and caring than people of your own nationality here. I personally feel lucky to have met such people, who have showed me such support, that I've only gotten from a couple of people of my national community here.

In short: don't give a sh!t for the rude ones and just co-exist with most but look out for the good ones, they're real keepers.
But I don't have a foreign accent nor do I look different than many Canadians. I don't even have a second language. When I previously lived there, a lot of people thought that I was Canadian (despite not being from their city). I think it's best that I don't tell anyone about my TFW status. I just can't trust that Canadians will be tolerant of that. My own Canadian friends haven't turned against me, but who's to say that many others (who don't know me personally) haven't. I don't think it will be easy to make friends in Canada this time given CBC's smear campaign against foreign workers. They're now even targeting European workers for their resentment. The best I can do is keep my mouth shut about my status and if necessary, outright lie to people (non-authorities of course) if they ask me where I'm from.

However, I believe you about what you said about Canadians. But I just have reason to believe that they've changed since I was last there.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Yeah, can't argue with that, since they can't tell you're not Canadian, no reason to let them know of your status. I'm European and as mentioned above, I have received some unnecessary remarks