july 14,2012
Med's Request
july 14,2012
Med's Done....
medical july 24,2012 forwarded to CEM August 01, 2012
goldbank said:
Hi bukyder,

Unless you have your visa and ticket from your employer, don't resign. For:
1) nobody can ever assure of the approval of your visa application from CEM.
2) check your LMO, ifever you will be refused can your LMO be still valid for you to reapply before it expires?
3) as soon as you have the visa, it does not guarantee yet that 100% that you will land to Canada immediately, why? it maybe your company
is not needing your service for the moment, or maybe they can't continue to hire you because of recession etc.

I am only suggesting as these are all reality.
In my case, I was refused, but since my LMO still is until October I reapplied and was approved.
I informed my employer and asked them when they can deploy me. They asked me when I can settle all exit clearances, so I told them the time frame. Immediately, they purchased a ticket for me, that's the time I filed my resignation.

All the best to you.

hi goldbank

would u mind asking what is the reason of ur refusal before and how many times u applied for your work visa here in phil?? have you ever been refused on what grounds?

thanks for reply,, i was refused twice last dec 2009 inside canada and here in the phil last march2010 because of my agent in canada did not applied for restoration and lmo.

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
Cabalen said:
Hi Bukyder,

What is your reason for quitting? Will you have any complication of resigning late when you get your Visa? Like for example you have 1 month notice to leave the company then after a month again to get your backpay. Then your Canadian employer wants you to go to Canada in 2 weeks after you received your Visa. - This is actually my case.

But I still have not resigned. Why? Because I will not have any money to pay for my daily expenses. Unless, you have the money or money is not a problem of having no work for a month that should be ok. I am in the assumption that the VO has already finished doing the background check of your employer/s. Considering that this is already your 3rd month and soon to have your visa.

This is only my opinion. Goodluck!
Thank you Cabalen! I just felt that my Canadian employer really wants to speed things up now, as he himself wrote an email to CEM asking for the status of my application. He wants me to be there a.s.a.p and that's the main reason why I thought of resigning this early to give my current employer an early notice. Anyway, I still have more days left to really consider this decision. By the way, when are you planning to resign if you were on my shoes? Would giving your company 2 weeks notice only before your target date of resignation be acceptable? Thank you once again.

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
goldbank said:
Hi bukyder,

Unless you have your visa and ticket from your employer, don't resign. For:
1) nobody can ever assure of the approval of your visa application from CEM.
2) check your LMO, ifever you will be refused can your LMO be still valid for you to reapply before it expires?
3) as soon as you have the visa, it does not guarantee yet that 100% that you will land to Canada immediately, why? it maybe your company
is not needing your service for the moment, or maybe they can't continue to hire you because of recession etc.

I am only suggesting as these are all reality.
In my case, I was refused, but since my LMO still is until October I reapplied and was approved.
I informed my employer and asked them when they can deploy me. They asked me when I can settle all exit clearances, so I told them the time frame. Immediately, they purchased a ticket for me, that's the time I filed my resignation.

All the best to you.
Thank you Goldbank! Appreciate it! My LMO just expired last Sept.6

sonnet

Oct 20, 2012
helo everyone.
i hope someone can help me in my case.
my husband who works in saudi arabia applied to get me there for vacation for 1 year. the visa stamping in manila is on process. But while i am waiting the LMO and Contract from the job i applied months ago came.
I have been thinking of two choices in the application but i am not sure if it is possible.
1. i would apply in the canadian embassy in saudi arabia. but since the address in the LMO and contract is here in the philippines, i dont know if i could do that. hindi ko po kc pwde hindi ituloy yun pagpunta saudi kc they have a rule daw n kpg ngcancel k ng visa you would be banned in their visa application in the future. ayaw ko po n mngyari yun kc what if madny ako ng CEM eh di hindi n ako mkjoin s husband ko s saudi.
2. i will apply in CEM and go to saudi arabia after i have already passed my requirements and medical. The problem here is i am not sure if the passport needed to be sent CEM with the original document. Does CEM conduct phone or web interview?
sana po matulungan ako.

thanks in advance. sonnet

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
bukyder said:
Thank you Cabalen! I just felt that my Canadian employer really wants to speed things up now, as he himself wrote an email to CEM asking for the status of my application. He wants me to be there a.s.a.p and that's the main reason why I thought of resigning this early to give my current employer an early notice. Anyway, I still have more days left to really consider this decision. By the way, when are you planning to resign if you were on my shoes? Would giving your company 2 weeks notice only before your target date of resignation be acceptable? Thank you once again.
If I were in your shoes, I'll probably wait for the Visa. Goldbank underlined the uncertainty of our applications in his last post. If ever your application will not be approved (knock on wood), you'll need to wait for months to have a new LMO (if your employer still wants to go to that process again). This will leave you with no work at all.

Once you have the approved Visa, your Canadian employer will be, in a way, rest assured that you can now legally go to Canada. Inform them quickly about the 1 month notice (depends on your company policy). I have clearly stated to my Canadian employer that when I received my Visa to expect me in Canada in at least a month due to my company's regulations.

You really need to weigh the different scenarios. Are you willing to sacrifice your current work and be hit with the worst case scenario, i.e., visa rejected. Or let your Canadian employer wait for a few more weeks once you received your Visa with a possibility of them backing away because they can't wait any longer.

You still have a few days left as you've mentioned. I pray that you will receive your Visa before your deadline ends.

Goodluck!

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
@ bukyder: If you're having a good and harmonious employee-employer relationship with your present employer, you may want to talk to him/her and tell your predicament. In my case, our company's policy regarding resignation is a month of prior notice prior to effectivity. I told my employer that I have applied for a spousal visa, had my medicals done, and waiting for decision on the application whether approved or refused. I was advised to submit an open resignation, which will take effect after a month if ever my visa was issued. Yet, if I get refusal, they will just disregard the resignation letter. I had my medical last Jan. 19 and I submitted my open resignation last Jan. 24, so I can leave a month after (if ever my visa was issued earlier), that was Feb. 24. Fortunately, I received my visa on Feb. 25 ( dated Feb. 8 ) so I was able to book a flight for Mar 13. :)

einahpets85

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
November 19, 2013, passport received by embassy: Dec.5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
nanzifale said:
Hello.... Tanong ko lang sana kung may mga April & May applicants pa ba na hindi pa nakakatanggap ng resulta?
Parang tayong dalawa nalng ata ang wala pa te :(

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
ynoweh said:
@ bukyder: If you're having a good and harmonious employee-employer relationship with your present employer, you may want to talk to him/her and tell your predicament. In my case, our company's policy regarding resignation is a month of prior notice prior to effectivity. I told my employer that I have applied for a spousal visa, had my medicals done, and waiting for decision on the application whether approved or refused. I was advised to submit an open resignation, which will take effect after a month if ever my visa was issued. Yet, if I get refusal, they will just disregard the resignation letter. I had my medical last Jan. 19 and I submitted my open resignation last Jan. 24, so I can leave a month after (if ever my visa was issued earlier), that was Feb. 24. Fortunately, I received my visa on Feb. 25 ( dated Feb. 8 ) so I was able to book a flight for Mar 13. :)
Thank you Ynoweh! Our company policy is a 30-day notice. Now I'm thinking of doing the same and let my boss know the soonest about my intention of moving to Canada. I should say I have established a good working relationship with my present employer.

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
Cabalen said:
If I were in your shoes, I'll probably wait for the Visa. Goldbank underlined the uncertainty of our applications in his last post. If ever your application will not be approved (knock on wood), you'll need to wait for months to have a new LMO (if your employer still wants to go to that process again). This will leave you with no work at all.

Once you have the approved Visa, your Canadian employer will be, in a way, rest assured that you can now legally go to Canada. Inform them quickly about the 1 month notice (depends on your company policy). I have clearly stated to my Canadian employer that when I received my Visa to expect me in Canada in at least a month due to my company's regulations.

You really need to weigh the different scenarios. Are you willing to sacrifice your current work and be hit with the worst case scenario, i.e., visa rejected. Or let your Canadian employer wait for a few more weeks once you received your Visa with a possibility of them backing away because they can't wait any longer.

You still have a few days left as you've mentioned. I pray that you will receive your Visa before your deadline ends.

Goodluck!
Thank you Cabalen for sharing your thoughts. It really helps a lot.

codi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 20,2012
AOR Received.
july 14,2012
Med's Request
july 14,2012
Med's Done....
medical july 24,2012 forwarded to CEM August 01, 2012
einahpets85 said:
Parang tayong dalawa nalng ata ang wala pa te :(

einahpets85
hi ,, musta application mo? wla p b visa ikw?? u mentioned before n galing kna s canada, wer po? galing n din po ako last 2007 to 2009. umuwe ako dto pinas kasi nde nprocess ng agent ko un restoration ko within 90 days kz akala nya lalabas un lmo ko within 90days. sabe kz ng employer ko non agent ko ang bahala s lhat ng process hngang s nde pla nsubmit un restoration prior to 90days grace period after work visa expired.. naoverstay ako ng 5months kakahintay ng lmo n yun, nde nmn cnsbe sken ng agent ko bsta wg dw ako mgalala on process n dw lhat ng applicant ko n refused un work permit ko kasi dw nde ako ngapply ng restoration. umuwe ako dto pinas. ng reapply ako march 2010 then narefused un aplication ko kz need atleast 6months na ngexit n ko dpat ng canada bgo ako mgprocess ng application s ce kya refused xa.

ask ko lang sna wat naging situation mo bkit umuwe k? thanks sna mgshare ka.thanks

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
I'm a September applicant pero dito ako nag-post ng question regarding medical exam center. We received the notice last Friday, Oct 19 and had it done yesterday, Oct 22 at St. Luke's. Ok naman dun, medyo matagal lang talaga sa XRay kasi sira daw yung isang machine nila. Super bait ng staff kaya ok na din kahit maghintay. So glad i decided to post muna bago kami nagpa-medical. Sana mabilis lang ang pagpapadala ng results sa CEM.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions here :) I wish everyone the best of luck!

And the waiting game is still on. Sana mabilis na kasi intracompany transfer naman ang ina-apply ng husband ko. The client wants us to be there on November.

Wrollin

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Manila
Visa Office......
Canada Embassy, Manila
NOC Code......
0631-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
soon
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
20-12-2012
@bukyder, i strongly agree with isprikiting, for early resignation might lead to non-approval of your visa.

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
Meron bang na-disapprove ang application after a successful medical examination? Thanks!