CELPIP - Re-evaluation - Year 2023

joeyvn

Jun 8, 2023
Guys, I got luck with Celpip re-evaluation. My previous scores:
Listening: 9
Reading: 10
Writing: 9
Speaking: 7

I was pretty sure my speaking deserved at least an 8. Although, I made some (or many, idk) gramma and pronunciation mistakes, I managed to make all of my answers having introductions and conclusions (this is important!!). So that I couldn't believe in what I was looking at when I checked my score. I paid for re-evaluation right after that and after exactly 7 days (including weekend), I just got my updated score. My speaking was pumped to 9, which means 2 points were added to my previous score.

Conspicuously, we all know that Celpip people are playing with our marks (maybe they have a monthly KPI or quota for number of pp getting 9 in W and S, just saying). However, some of them are honest enough to give you another chance. So, if you are not happy with your S and W scores, you should definitely ask for re-evaluation. I know many people got their scores pumped 2,3 points, not just 1 as we usually see.

Be prepared and good luck!

Last edited:

lakshmi1619

May 18, 2023

I was pretty sure my speaking deserved at least an 8. Although, I made some (or many, idk) gramma and pronunciation mistakes, I managed to make all of my answers having introductions and conclusions (this is important!!). So that I couldn't believe in what I was looking at when I checked my score. I paid for re-evaluation right after that and after exactly 7 days (including weekend), I just got my updated score. My speaking was pumped to 9, which means 2 points were added to my previous score.

Conspicuously, we all know that Celpip people are playing with our marks (maybe they have a monthly KPI or quota for number of pp getting 9 in W and S, just saying). However, some of them are honest enough to give you another chance. So, if you are not happy with your S and W scores, you should definitely ask for re-evaluation. I know many people got their scores pumped 2,3 points, not just 1 as we usually see.

Congratulations on your score..Am planning to write celpip in 1 month and just triggered my preparation. Can you please let me know how you prepared and what mock tests you solved..did you take any training? Can you please share your preparation strategy and what you have followed.Your responses on this will be higjly appreciated.thanks

Mitali_sehgal

Jun 22, 2023
Hi, my CELPIP scores were L-10, R-10, W-8 and S-9.
I went for revaluation of writing, but unfortunately there was no increase. Is there any chance of getting this score increased from 8 to 9 if I again go for revaluation of writing?

Oni1894

Jul 5, 2023
Did re eval for both writing and speaking. Speaking got bumped to 8, writing remains
Hey Bro, I gave test in 1st Jul, Received Results Today S-9 L-9 R-9 W-8
I am thinking to apply for re-val for writing... Any chances I have, this can jump to 9.?

Fresh12

Jul 5, 2023
Hi everybody, I just got my result today L-8,R-5,W-7,S-7. Could you plz share any tips & tricks for reading test. I have given this test twice but my score remains same in reading. I would be thankful for this.

Tisha11

Jul 7, 2023
Hi all,

I got my CELPIP results L-10,R-9,W-7,S-8 ,I prepared a lot for the exam and M sure my writing was better . I submitted re eval, Please pray for me to get a good score. I really need CLB 9 score to have some hope.

Tisha11

Jul 7, 2023
Hi everybody, I just got my result today L-8,R-5,W-7,S-7. Could you plz share any tips & tricks for reading test. I have given this test twice but my score remains same in reading. I would be thankful for this.
Yeah, Reading was very tough to achieve. I practiced a lot by reading some online blogs-specially survey /viewpoint reports and understanding them within 5-7 min, to improve my thinking skill. and Purchased HZad Education self-placed course. Tried those exams. Recorded multiple speaking attempts and tried to perform better. All 2 months of constant study at least 1-2 hrs daily.

Reactions: Fresh12

Tisha11

Jul 7, 2023

This is motivating, I am also hopeful to get my desired score. I wasn't that bad for sure to get 7 in writing :(

Oni1894

Jul 5, 2023
Hi There

I did get a CELPIP score of W-10, R-9, L-9, S-8.
As everyone knows the last Speaking 8, is the bummer, I need a 9.
I did apply for the re-evaluation.

Date for Re-evaluation -- Feb-9-2023.

It is already 1 week past, and I don't have any response from CELPIP.

Do anyone have any timelines and success with re-evaluation recently?
Did you get the Result.??
I've applied for my Re-Evaluation on 6th July still waiting

Tisha11

Jul 7, 2023
I got my CELPIP results L-10,R-9,W-7,S-8 ,I prepared a lot for the exam and M sure my writing was better . I submitted re eval, Please pray for me to get a good score. I really need CLB 9 score to have some hope.
[/QUOTE]
Received reval--S-10 but writing -no change ... I think it's all trap ..they don't want the candidate to reach the correct clb.. Seems like I have to attempt again after spending this much:(

Asdq

Jul 13, 2023
Hi,
I took the test on 9th July and scored the following:
L-12, R-11, W-10, S-6(!), I've applied to re-evaluate the speaking part today, waiting for the result.

During speaking part 1, the examiner asked me to keep it down. Because of that, I guess I lost my momentum on other parts. Nevertheless, I talked enough and expect to get at least 7/8.

Fresh12

Jul 5, 2023
Hi,
I took the test on 9th July and scored the following:
L-12, R-11, W-10, S-6(!), I've applied to re-evaluate the speaking part today, waiting for the result.

During speaking part 1, the examiner asked me to keep it down. Because of that, I guess I lost my momentum on other parts. Nevertheless, I talked enough and expect to get at least 7/8.
Hi ,could you please let me know from where you get the material or the institution? I am so stressed regarding reading, I gave test 3 times but my score remains 5. I will be grateful to you for this.thanx

Asdq

Jul 13, 2023
Hi ,could you please let me know from where you get the material or the institution? I am so stressed regarding reading, I gave test 3 times but my score remains 5. I will be grateful to you for this.thanx
Hi,
I just took the 2 free practice tests from the CELPIP website. I never took any other preparation for reading and listening.
In terms of reading modules, the ideal way is to approach them retrospectively. Read the questions first, and then skim through the comprehension. NEVER try to read the passage line by line, you'll lose time and focus. When going through the questions, try to select some of the answers based on your intuition quickly, you can always double-check after going through the passage. That way you won't leave any questions unanswered. I hope that'll help. I took IELTS 2 years back and scored 8.5 on the reading section. Conspicuously, I found the CELPIP reading section a bit easier compared to the IELTS.

Fresh12

Jul 5, 2023
Hi,
I just took the 2 free practice tests from the CELPIP website. I never took any other preparation for reading and listening.
In terms of reading modules, the ideal way is to approach them retrospectively. Read the questions first, and then skim through the comprehension. NEVER try to read the passage line by line, you'll lose time and focus. When going through the questions, try to select some of the answers based on your intuition quickly, you can always double-check after going through the passage. That way you won't leave any questions unanswered. I hope that'll help. I took IELTS 2 years back and scored 8.5 on the reading section. Conspicuously, I found the CELPIP reading section a bit easier compared to the IELTS.
Thanx for your prompt response.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi,
I have taken 3 Celpip since last year (also took ielts-A for school years before) but I keep getting 8 either on the writing or speaking section never both. Most of my friends who ended up with CLB 9 had to take many iterations (at least 5) - a lot of the cases they keep marking down the speaking part even though the rest were all above 9.

I think IELTS is more robust, at least IELTS has been known to deflate only the writing part. If you are a borderline candidate seeking CLB 9 I think its easier to do it through IELTS than CELPIP. You can focus all of your prep on writing unlike CELPIP where they could axe you on both speaking and writing.

Last edited: