Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
My husband is taking the CELPIP test in a couple of weeks. He has been practicing with the online tests and has done really well on the listening section but the speaking part is causing some anxiety. He has been here living and working for 3 years now, living totally in English. Everyone who knows him thinks his English is excellent. He is able to express his opinions about a wide variety of topics, and he even blogs in English. However, he is totally stressed out about the speaking part of the CELPIP. He says he doesn't have enough time to think about the topic and formulate an answer. ( I think I'd have a hard time with that too) I know he wants to express himself as he usually is able but I told him it's a test and they can't expect you to give such an in depth answer in one minute. Has anyone taken this test recently? Can you give some advice to ease his mind about it?

Thanks!

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
cleo said:
My husband is taking the CELPIP test in a couple of weeks. He has been practicing with the online tests and has done really well on the listening section but the speaking part is causing some anxiety. He has been here living and working for 3 years now, living totally in English. Everyone who knows him thinks his English is excellent. He is able to express his opinions about a wide variety of topics, and he even blogs in English. However, he is totally stressed out about the speaking part of the CELPIP. He says he doesn't have enough time to think about the topic and formulate an answer. ( I think I'd have a hard time with that too) I know he wants to express himself as he usually is able but I told him it's a test and they can't expect you to give such an in depth answer in one minute. Has anyone taken this test recently? Can you give some advice to ease his mind about it?

Thanks!
I hardly find related to citizenship topic your question here; and you are the person living with him day by day. If you cant find a way to "ease" his mind, how you expect someone prowling this forum to do so?
Let him take the exam, if fails take another one and so on. Until he pass.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
cleo said:

Thanks!
Hi Cleo,

Please tell your husband to stop thinking too much about how he speak, the test was very easy i had mine a couple months ago.. I'll assure you if he keeps stressing himself about it he will not be able to speak properly. just talk normally and speak what he have in mind thats it.

Good luck to you husband tell him to inhale and exhale to relax lol

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cleo said:

Thanks!
i have taken the celpip too. the speaking part is not easy as you can hear other test takers speak too. do not be intimidated.speak in a normal tone as there is a microphone . if you try to speak louder, you will sound as if you are shouting to the evaluator. speak in a normal tone.
practice describing pictures and organize your thoughts for a minute and say it in a minute too.
read and listen to instructions very well.

hope that helps!

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
era1521 said:
I hardly find related to citizenship topic your question here; and you are the person living with him day by day. If you cant find a way to "ease" his mind, how you expect someone prowling this forum to do so?
Let him take the exam, if fails take another one and so on. Until he pass.
Of course this is related to citizenship. I don't understand your animosity. My husband works and pays taxes and is fluent in English. This CELPIP test is new and we just want some advice about how to pass it.

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
asagalen said:
Hi Cleo,

Please tell your husband to stop thinking too much about how he speak, the test was very easy i had mine a couple months ago.. I'll assure you if he keeps stressing himself about it he will not be able to speak properly. just talk normally and speak what he have in mind thats it.

Good luck to you husband tell him to inhale and exhale to relax lol
Thank you for your kind advice. I will pass on the message to my husband.

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
chin24 said:
i have taken the celpip too. the speaking part is not easy as you can hear other test takers speak too. do not be intimidated.speak in a normal tone as there is a microphone . if you try to speak louder, you will sound as if you are shouting to the evaluator. speak in a normal tone.
practice describing pictures and organize your thoughts for a minute and say it in a minute too.
read and listen to instructions very well.

hope that helps!
Thanks for the advice! My husband heard about being able to hear the other speakers so he was really worried about it. He's such a perfectionist and I know he wants to show how well he speaks. But frankly I think I would have a hard time coming up with answers in only a minute myself.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the citizenship language proof, do they need an original copy of CELPIP-LS result or is a copy enough? I just got the score online of 7 and 8 for Listening and Speaking and I believe they will send 2 report sheets to my address in a week.