+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP India Test Centre

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Hello Everyone,

Anybody tried CELPIP test here in India? They have a test location in Chandigarh (Punjab) now. I did some research and found many people had issue with CELPIP scores for Speaking and Writing as they are bit tough in marking as compared to IELTS!

Reason I'm interested in CELPIP is because of it's format closeness to PTE test examination. I have given IELTS more then 10 times in my life and never scored more then 6.5 in writing through out last 5-6 years. When I needed 8 Each in IELTS for my Australia residency, I gave PTE examination whose format is quite similar to CELPIP. I scored LSR9 W8 in PTE but my main concern here is that PTE is marked by computer itself! Where in CELPIP it's marked by humans and heard they pretty strict at it?

Would love to hear some experience or stories if someone tried that! P.S I have seen few people who got 6.5/6 In Ielts W scored CLB 9 in CELPIP which is 7 Bands equivalent! I don't care about rest modules for CELPIP as I'm pretty confident in those.

Thanks,
Shergill

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
Hey! I helped a friend before as a sparring partner for his speaking component. If you are taking the CELPIP, I highly suggest getting the CELPIP study guides. They show you different 'task' for each component so you know what to expect. This is especially useful for the SPEAKING section. If you never read the study guide, it can be bewildering when they ask you to explain pictures and whatnot. Do that, and then do the free practice test. Contrary to weird popular beliefs, if you open a free CELPIP account, you immediately get free practice test even before you register for the test.

Nj64

Feb 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Anybody tried CELPIP test here in India? They have a test location in Chandigarh (Punjab) now. I did some research and found many people had issue with CELPIP scores for Speaking and Writing as they are bit tough in marking as compared to IELTS!

Reason I'm interested in CELPIP is because of it's format closeness to PTE test examination. I have given IELTS more then 10 times in my life and never scored more then 6.5 in writing through out last 5-6 years. When I needed 8 Each in IELTS for my Australia residency, I gave PTE examination whose format is quite similar to CELPIP. I scored LSR9 W8 in PTE but my main concern here is that PTE is marked by computer itself! Where in CELPIP it's marked by humans and heard they pretty strict at it?

Would love to hear some experience or stories if someone tried that! P.S I have seen few people who got 6.5/6 In Ielts W scored CLB 9 in CELPIP which is 7 Bands equivalent! I don't care about rest modules for CELPIP as I'm pretty confident in those.

Thanks,
Shergill
Did you appeared for celpip tell me about your experience

YASASWI GOMES

Jun 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vijayawada
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-09-2018
Doc's Request.
15-09-2018
No one told me about CELPIP... I would have got my visa by now. IELTS is the delay, and Canada did not advertise this yet. I think IELTS will loose because I know the ease of this kind of exams as I took PTE once. When it comes to manual correction, I cant trust anyone. They can reduce the marks knowing that people cant or wont afford to pay for re-evaluation. On the other hand, computer correction for writing will reduce more marks. Did you finally take CELPIP?