+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP-G test report happens to be invalid for IRCC

joycechen

Jul 1, 2020
Hey folks,

I took the CELPIP General Test and got a satisfying result. But the issue is that there's a line saying: ”This score report is not valid for the purpose of applying to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)." on my official test report." I was shocked when I saw this sentence, and figured that when I registered for the exam, I somehow chose "for University, College, or vocational program", instead for for immigration purposes.

Does anyone know if CELPIP allow me to change that test purpose? I took the exactly same CELPIP-G test as required, not the other one. And on there website there was no warning of the exclusivity usage of test report and how the choice of test intent would affect the report value. I'm lost pls help!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey folks,

I took the CELPIP General Test and got a satisfying result. But the issue is that there's a line saying: ”This score report is not valid for the purpose of applying to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)." on my official test report." I was shocked when I saw this sentence, and figured that when I registered for the exam, I somehow chose "for University, College, or vocational program", instead for for immigration purposes.

Does anyone know if CELPIP allow me to change that test purpose? I took the exactly same CELPIP-G test as required, not the other one. And on there website there was no warning of the exclusivity usage of test report and how the choice of test intent would affect the report value. I'm lost pls help!!
1. Nope. You chose "for University, College, or vocational program" which pretty much warned you it wasn't for Immigration.

Language tests we accept

You can take any of these approved language tests:

Balanzá

Aug 6, 2021
The same situation happened to me. I sent an email to CELPIP explaining the situation and they fixed it in less than 24 hrs.

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
The same situation happened to me. I sent an email to CELPIP explaining the situation and they fixed it in less than 24 hrs.
Do you know if you put Celpip-G or Celpip General 2014 while creating an express entry profile @balanza