+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC

Amanpreet1186

Jul 10, 2020
I have a question regarding CEC work experience. I have 5 months of experience under NOC B and then I got laid off from my work. And I am left with only 11 months of work permit. Will my 5 months count under CEC or not? If I get another job and complete remaining 7 months under same NOC or it has to be 6 months. Can I apply under Express Entry.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
You need to complete 7 additional months of relevant experience and you can combine it with your 5 months to be eligible for CEC

maddy0607

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi All,

I received a call from CIC and they verified few details on my application and asked me if all the applicants are in Canada and them he said your application is not approved and you would get a copy of it via email?

And the same time I saw a Ghost update on my profile.

Any idea of how this works? Is this a new process?

or anysort of SCAM call?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hi All,

I received a call from CIC and they verified few details on my application and asked me if all the applicants are in Canada and them he said your application is not approved and you would get a copy of it via email?

And the same time I saw a Ghost update on my profile.

Any idea of how this works? Is this a new process?

or anysort of SCAM call?
Why it is rejected? You got any update? Mostly it is not a scam.

frz077

May 23, 2020
Hi All,

I have Canadian work experience of 7.5 months from two different NOC B jobs. I worked for 4 months for a employer, and 3.5 months for another employer. There is a gap of 3 months between these two jobs. Now, If I work the remaining months (4.5) or more for another employer in a skill B job, does it count towards the 1 year experience? I know that you can have multiple jobs, but confused about the "continuous" part. Does it matter whether your experiences are greater than 6 months or not?

I appreciate your reply and valuable time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I know that you can have multiple jobs, but confused about the "continuous" part. Does it matter whether your experiences are greater than 6 months or not?
There is no "continuous" requirement for CEC. (That one year continuous experience applies to FSW). No, there is no requirement that an individual job be at least 6 months.

Reactions: frz077

frz077

May 23, 2020
Hi,
I have a question regarding the following statement,
'Your work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.'

I have 8 months experience in NOC B job. Now, if I have a NOC A job for 4 months or more, will it count towards 1 year work experience? Or, does it have to be of NOC B? I mean, does it have to be of same NOC, or can be different NOCs as long as it adds up to 1 year?

Thanks.

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hi,
I have a question regarding the following statement,
'Your work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.'

I have 8 months experience in NOC B job. Now, if I have a NOC A job for 4 months or more, will it count towards 1 year work experience? Or, does it have to be of NOC B? I mean, does it have to be of same NOC, or can be different NOCs as long as it adds up to 1 year?

Thanks.
I have seen posts of refusal due to different NOC combined experience of 1 year. You should have 1 year of work experience under single NOC, which would be your primary NOC, I think after that its fine. So finish 1 year with single NOC. don't change, why complicate things?. Good luck.