+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Work Requirement

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
So does 1 month vacation will count towards the work experience?
Yes, as long it is part of your benefits. Still if you say you are getting same # of point with 1 or 2.5 years you already have more than enough time in addition to the 1st year. So even if your vacations wouldn't count you would still have enough additional time to make up for that.

And you just need to provide proof of whatever you want to claim points for, you can just claim one 1 year and provide supporting documentation for that 1 year only. However, being the same position you will probably just get a single letter for your entire experience since you started.

I don't see any challenges with your application.

Reactions: IF321

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Yes, as long it is part of your benefits. Still if you say you are getting same # of point with 1 or 2.5 years you already have more than enough time in addition to the 1st year. So even if your vacations wouldn't count you would still have enough additional time to make up for that.

And you just need to provide proof of whatever you want to claim points for, you can just claim one 1 year and provide supporting documentation for that 1 year only. However, being the same position you will probably just get a single letter for your entire experience since you started.

I don't see any challenges with your application.
Thank you for your response... Yes I think I will be ok. Btw does paid sick leaves also include towards the hours?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for your response... Yes I think I will be ok. Btw does paid sick leaves also include towards the hours?
I would say NO. Simply because it's a kind of LEAVE and you are not actually working. Sick days off and stuff like that should be fine, but there are not specific details about this.

So I would suggest always giving yourself some additional time before applying just to make up for these days that may or may not be counted.

Last edited:

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
I would say NO. Simply because it's a kind of LEAVE and you are not actually working. Sick days off and stuff like that should be fine, but there are not specific details about this.

So I would suggest always giving yourself some additional time before applying just to make up for these days day may or may not be counted.
True. Thank you so much

VipinVP

Sep 24, 2022
Hello,

I am planning to apply under CEC and I have some questions to clarify.

1). After gaining 1 year experience, do I still need to keep working in the same job I am claiming points? Is it possible to quit after getting 1 year work experience and after getting ITA and AOR ?

2). For CEC I know that we do not have to show POF. But in case if I can quit, then do I need to show POF since that job is not available.

Your input is really appreciated

Thank you
Hey did you quit the job after 1 year. What happened to your PR application? It would be great if you can share your experience. Thank you.

VipinVP

Sep 24, 2022
Yes I did quit after 1 year and I already got my PR. Hope this helps.
Alright. So after quitting. you started another job soon (NOC B or higher) ?
Did you mentioned in your personal history post ITA that you quit the job?
Also just wanted to know whether you uploaded all your pay slips to prove the 1560 hrs.

I'm having a similar case, where I want to quit just after completing 1 yr and 1560 hrs. Your reply is most appreciated. Thank you!

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Alright. So after quitting. you started another job soon (NOC B or higher) ?
Did you mentioned in your personal history post ITA that you quit the job?
Also just wanted to know whether you uploaded all your pay slips to prove the 1560 hrs.

I'm having a similar case, where I want to quit just after completing 1 yr and 1560 hrs. Your reply is most appreciated. Thank you!
It doesn't matter if you start another job or even not finding a job. As long as you can claim the 1 year hours thats what they need. I submitted my paystubs and tax docs which is sufficient.

VipinVP

Sep 24, 2022
It doesn't matter if you start another job or even not finding a job. As long as you can claim the 1 year hours thats what they need. I submitted my paystubs and tax docs which is sufficient.
You mean to say all the pay slips for 1 year period ?

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
You mean to say all the pay slips for 1 year period ?
Mainly Letter of employment is what required. Pay slips are optional. I added couple of pay slips not for all months. Also added the tax docs to show the income. And added the detailed letter of employment.