CEC, Work Permit and Implied Status - Very Urgent

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi there,
Situation to discuss -
I created the profile under CEC and my CRS is 476.
I am currently on Postgraduate Work Permit which is applicable till May 31, 2020.

Questions -
1. I am expecting to get the invite in the next draw. The thing is once I submit my application and received the AOR, the post May 31, 2020 deadline will turn my status to Implied Status.
In such a scenario, do I need to extend my PGWP and convert it to Open Work Permit alongside.

2. Can I continue working while my possible open work and Express Entry application is in process?

Please comment.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,
Situation to discuss -
I created the profile under CEC and my CRS is 476.
I am currently on Postgraduate Work Permit which is applicable till May 31, 2020.

Questions -
1. I am expecting to get the invite in the next draw. The thing is once I submit my application and received the AOR, the post May 31, 2020 deadline will turn my status to Implied Status.
In such a scenario, do I need to extend my PGWP and convert it to Open Work Permit alongside.

2. Can I continue working while my possible open work and Express Entry application is in process?

Please comment.

Thanks.
1. That's not how it works. Submitting the application does not give you implied status. You need to submit your application and then apply for a BOWP before your current work permit expires if you want to have implied status.
2. See above. If you want to have legal status in Canada and continue working, you need to apply for a BOWP after AOR and before your current work permit expires.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1. That's not how it works. Submitting the application does not give you implied status. You need to submit your application and then apply for a BOWP before your current work permit expires if you want to have implied status.
2. See above. If you want to have legal status in Canada and continue working, you need to apply for a BOWP after AOR and before your current work permit expires.
Thanks for the revert.

I checked the BOWP and it says one of the criteria to apply for the same -

In order to apply for a BOWP, your application must have passed an initial eligibility check from IRCC and you must be able to provide proof.

Question here -
Say I submit the BOWP application post AOR and technically my implied status starts. So shall it allow me to work without fulfilling the eligibility condition as mentioned above.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the revert.

I checked the BOWP and it says one of the criteria to apply for the same -

In order to apply for a BOWP, your application must have passed an initial eligibility check from IRCC and you must be able to provide proof.

Question here -
Say I submit the BOWP application post AOR and technically my implied status starts. So shall it allow me to work without fulfilling the eligibility condition as mentioned above.

Thanks.
AOR is eligibility.