+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Work History & Job Offer

WorriedBrit

Jan 27, 2018
Hello all,

I have read this forum a lot recently and I was hoping for a little feedback regarding my situation.

I received an ITA on the 10th if January. My score was based off one years experience in a Cat B NOC job. I also a had good education score. I did not include any of my previous UK work experience.

I am currently filling out my application and I keep encountering vague or contradictory statements on the CIC/IRCC website.

Work History -

I originally joined my company as a Cat C job and was promoted to a Cat B job and worked that for just over a year before I was promoted to my current position which is Cat A.

In the work history part of the application should I make an entry for each of those positions or just the Cat B job which makes me eligible for Express Entry?

Or should I include my Cat C and A jobs in my personal history section alongside previous foreign work experience and study?

Should my employer reference and job description letter also cover all of these positions in full?

Job Offer:

Is a job offer required under CEC? I assumed that it wouldn't be as it is sort of implied you have been working in Canada already if you are eligible for the scheme.

So, in the intended work in Canada section should I answer NO to having a job offer?

I have previously stated I DO NOT have a job offer as for CRS I know this needs an LMIA.

I am in Canada on an IEC work permit and my current position is full time, permanent and salaried. I noticed if I state I do have a job offer (my current employment) then it allows me to answer a number of questions and state that this job offer is not supported by an LMIA.

A former colleague informed me he had eventually told IRCC he did have job offer at this stage (very similar job to mine) and marked it was not supported by an LMIA.

Any help would be appreciated as I am very sure I have all the paperwork I need but these aspects of the online application seem to be vague.

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I have read this forum a lot recently and I was hoping for a little feedback regarding my situation.

I received an ITA on the 10th if January. My score was based off one years experience in a Cat B NOC job. I also a had good education score. I did not include any of my previous UK work experience.

I am currently filling out my application and I keep encountering vague or contradictory statements on the CIC/IRCC website.

Work History -

I originally joined my company as a Cat C job and was promoted to a Cat B job and worked that for just over a year before I was promoted to my current position which is Cat A.

In the work history part of the application should I make an entry for each of those positions or just the Cat B job which makes me eligible for Express Entry?

Or should I include my Cat C and A jobs in my personal history section alongside previous foreign work experience and study?

Should my employer reference and job description letter also cover all of these positions in full?

Job Offer:

Is a job offer required under CEC? I assumed that it wouldn't be as it is sort of implied you have been working in Canada already if you are eligible for the scheme.

So, in the intended work in Canada section should I answer NO to having a job offer?

I have previously stated I DO NOT have a job offer as for CRS I know this needs an LMIA.

I am in Canada on an IEC work permit and my current position is full time, permanent and salaried. I noticed if I state I do have a job offer (my current employment) then it allows me to answer a number of questions and state that this job offer is not supported by an LMIA.

A former colleague informed me he had eventually told IRCC he did have job offer at this stage (very similar job to mine) and marked it was not supported by an LMIA.

Any help would be appreciated as I am very sure I have all the paperwork I need but these aspects of the online application seem to be vague.
1 - My approach: Create two entries one for your NOC B and another for your NOC A - for your reference letter you will need duties/responsibilities written for both of these NOC's - of course, all the other information required by IRCC should also be mentioned.

2 - Answer "no" to that question.

Reactions: WorriedBrit

WorriedBrit

Jan 27, 2018
1 - My approach: Create two entries one for your NOC B and another for your NOC A - for your reference letter you will need duties/responsibilities written for both of these NOC's - of course, all the other information required by IRCC should also be mentioned.

2 - Answer "no" to that question.
Hello DelPiero,

Your reply is much appreciated.

So, I assume given you response it would be best to put my NOC C experience in personal history and only seek a reference letter for my NOC B and NOC A jobs?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct, you can add your NOC C work experience in the personal history section.

ome

Jan 2, 2018
i submitted my application. i currently have a Noc B job. and i answered yes to the job offer but stated it doesnt qualify for the LMIA. is that a problem?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
i submitted my application. i currently have a Noc B job. and i answered yes to the job offer but stated it doesnt qualify for the LMIA. is that a problem?
A valid job offer has to meet specific conditions, it is not just having a job in Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

If you said you had a job offer, but now realize it was not a "valid" job offer, it is only a problem if you were awarded the extra points for having a valid job offer (if you did not get the extra points, then it is really not a problem).

ome

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks. i didnt get points for it. you only get points if answer yes to if it is supported by LMIA. of which my answer was NO. means i should be fine then

biorahul

Dec 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am filling EE profile and have question in arranged job offer? I am currently a postdoc since 2015 with emplyer specific work permit which is LMIA exempt. I recieved 50 points for arranged job offer and my work permit is expiring in May 2018 but in letter of employment my emplyer says he will be considered for future position once he will get PR. My question is that should I claim these points?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am filling EE profile and have question in arranged job offer? I am currently a postdoc since 2015 with emplyer specific work permit which is LMIA exempt. I recieved 50 points for arranged job offer and my work permit is expiring in May 2018 but in letter of employment my emplyer says he will be considered for future position once he will get PR. My question is that should I claim these points?
That's your call, some applicants have managed to get PR without "one year after PR" job offer while others have been rejected.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Guys,
In my opinion, you do not have a "valid job offer" and should not claim those points. There's a difference between people who have indeterminate jobs (e.g. permanent employment), which is what I believe the case was for those who DelPiero mentioned, and in your case where your current job is definitely has an end date, and you do not have a future job offer.