+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work expierence

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
Hey all

My 2-year work experience will be done in September. So do I have to update anything in my express entry profile to get those extra points, or will it automatically update as they know from which month I started?

Will appreciate your help.
Thank You.

Aug 6, 2021
It's updated automaticly... Actually, it should already count as 2 years... there's a bug in the System... I'll complete 1 year in september but I already have it counted there.

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
I created profile in October so it will expire in October! but my friends profile got updated at 11 months for some reason?

Sep 1, 2021
I have OPEN PGWP in canada. I started with my job on 27th MAY 2021 and I submitted my EXPRESS ENTRY profile on 10th April 2022. In the minimum eligibility criteria it says 12 months or 1560 hours of Canadian work experience. I submitted the profile 1 month and 17 days early. I submitted the profile before completing those criteria but the system still let me complete the Express entry profile and submit it. Now the question is my express entry profile valid or no. I haven’t received an INVITATION TO APPLY yet and by the time I get the ITA. I would have more than 1.6 years of experience.

Q.1 Is it okay that I submitted my EE profile 1 month and 17 days before the work anniversary. And without the 1560hrs of work experience.

Q.2 Do they count 1 year of work experience from the date I submitted my EXPRESS ENTRY profile or from the date I got my INVITATION TO APPLY.

Q.3 Should I keep the profile or should I delete the profile and create a new one?

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I have OPEN PGWP in canada. I started with my job on 27th MAY 2021 and I submitted my EXPRESS ENTRY profile on 10th April 2022. In the minimum eligibility criteria it says 12 months or 1560 hours of Canadian work experience. I submitted the profile 1 month and 17 days early. I submitted the profile before completing those criteria but the system still let me complete the Express entry profile and submit it. Now the question is my express entry profile valid or no. I haven’t received an INVITATION TO APPLY yet and by the time I get the ITA. I would have more than 1.6 years of experience.

Q.1 Is it okay that I submitted my EE profile 1 month and 17 days before the work anniversary. And without the 1560hrs of work experience.

Q.2 Do they count 1 year of work experience from the date I submitted my EXPRESS ENTRY profile or from the date I got my INVITATION TO APPLY.

Q.3 Should I keep the profile or should I delete the profile and create a new one?
1. Yes.
2. From ITA.
3. You can keep existing profile.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022

Q.1 Is it okay that I submitted my EE profile 1 month and 17 days before the work anniversary. And without the 1560hrs of work experience. No. You are gaming the system and risk a refusal.

Q.2 Do they count 1 year of work experience from the date I submitted my EXPRESS ENTRY profile or from the date I got my INVITATION TO APPLY. They count 1 year's experience from the day you started your job + 52 weeks. So if you commenced a job on 1 January 2022, you would be eligible to apply on 1 January 2023 assuming you worked 30 hours/w in that time within Canada. A reasonable amount of vacation time does not impact the timeline. However, if you had weeks where you worked <30 hours due to sick days, then you must make up for this. Working for your employer remotely from outside Canada (e.g. if you went to the US for 1 week and worked remotely) does NOT count towards your time.

Q.3 Should I keep the profile or should I delete the profile and create a new one? I created a new one exactly 365 days after I started my job. You can get everything ready and submit the profile into the pool on the day you're eligible.

hooper

Aug 20, 2022

Your EE profile is valid. IRCC allocates points for 1 year experience in the 11th month. This is intentional, not a bug and legal.

There is a 60 day buffer between an EE draw and when you are supposed to submit your application. It is advised that you should submit your EE application after you’ve completed 1 year.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Your EE profile is valid. IRCC allocates points for 1 year experience in the 11th month. This is intentional, not a bug and legal.
I disagree because I've seen many people get rejected for it. It's literally a luck of the draw with which officer looks at your file and how lenient they are if they notice you're a few days short.

By all means, risk it and see how you go - maybe after 3, 4 or 5 months of things going swimmingly you'll get a rejection letter and regret all that time you wasted when instead you could have just waited for a few draws to ensure there is zero doubt in eligibility.

Reactions: tomtom104

hooper

Aug 20, 2022
I disagree because I've seen many people get rejected for it. It's literally a luck of the draw with which officer looks at your file and how lenient they are if they notice you're a few days short.

By all means, risk it and see how you go - maybe after 3, 4 or 5 months of things going swimmingly you'll get a rejection letter and regret all that time you wasted when instead you could have just waited for a few draws to ensure there is zero doubt in eligibility.
Several of my friends got ITAs like this last year and later went on to get PRs. I’ll let you know when my PR arrives.

IRCC giving you points in the 11th month of an on going job. If the above person lied on their express entry profile. That’s a different story.

A key tell of this is that you will see your EE points increase when you enter the 11th month.

Reactions: Takita

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Several of my friends got ITAs like this last year and later went on to get PRs. I’ll let you know when my PR arrives.

IRCC giving you points in the 11th month of an on going job. If the above person lied on their express entry profile. That’s a different story.

A key tell of this is that you will see your EE points increase when you enter the 11th month.
it's true that you will get EE points increase in your 11th month because there is design gap in the system. You can accept ITA then and it's completely eligible as long as it's 12 months when you submit the application

Reactions: hooper