+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience

harshrk6392

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please help me to figure out whats right and whats wrong..
  • I am completing my 2 years of work experience on October 16th 2019 and but I was getting CRS points for that experience since mid September 2019. Hows that possible?
  • In my two years of experience I went to India for 30 days period with same continuous Job but without payment during that time. I was on salary basis. In this case do i need to show 25 months experience or 24 months still counts as 2 years experience. If we count number of hours worked during that 2 years, I am already over the minimum required.

Please guide me.

Thank you,
Harsh

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
Hello Harsh
CRS counts your experience month to month, not date-wise. The month-long stay in India would be considered a vacation, so I see no problem there. You just need to account for the total period you have worked with your current employer.
CIC does not count more than 30 hours per week, so for 2 years of full-time experience (3120 hours), you need to have worked for 2 years, there is no escaping that.
Here's a link for the work experience requirement by CIC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Cheers
AD

harshrk6392

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Hello Harsh
CRS counts your experience month to month, not date-wise. The month-long stay in India would be considered a vacation, so I see no problem there. You just need to account for the total period you have worked with your current employer.
CIC does not count more than 30 hours per week, so for 2 years of full-time experience (3120 hours), you need to have worked for 2 years, there is no escaping that.
Here's a link for the work experience requirement by CIC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Cheers
AD

Thank you for your response AD.

So, in that case I am not completing 3120 hours if they only count 30 hours in a week, as I am already losing 1 month of my 2 years of experience in my vacation. Is that what I am interpreting, correct?

harshrk6392

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Thank you for your response AD.

So, in that case I am not completing 3120 hours if they only count 30 hours in a week, as I am already losing 1 month of my 2 years of experience in my vacation. Is that what I am interpreting, correct?
How to reach 3120 hours in that case?

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
How to reach 3120 hours in that case?
I think your vacation time still counts into the period of your employment. If you are worried about your CRS score, wait for another month before applying.

harshrk6392

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
I think your vacation time still counts into the period of your employment. If you are worried about your CRS score, wait for another month before applying.
Assuming I get ITA in next draw, so as per my case If I wait until November 16th, to submit my application will that count? Because I think experience and score is locked as soon as we get ITA.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please help me to figure out whats right and whats wrong..
  • I am completing my 2 years of work experience on October 16th 2019 and but I was getting CRS points for that experience since mid September 2019. Hows that possible?
The CRS system sees your start date only as October 2017 (so it counts it from Oct 1), subsequently it counts the end of two years as September 2019, which to the system is any date in September. This is VERY misleading. You have to know for yourself when you are eligible etc.

Since this affects only the points you get for the 2nd year, and not your 1 year of eligibility, you CAN accept the ITA as long as you do not submit your eAPR until after you complete the 2nd year, and still keep the points.

• In my two years of experience I went to India for 30 days period with same continuous Job but without payment during that time. I was on salary basis. In this case do i need to show 25 months experience or 24 months still counts as 2 years experience. If we count number of hours worked during that 2 years, I am already over the minimum required.
Full-time workers do not count hours.
Paid vacation counts as employment, but an unpaid leave of absence does not.
If you were a salaried worker but took an unpaid leave of absence for one month, you cannot count that month as work experience. You will have to wait until you actually work 2 years (104 weeks) to get credit for 2 years.

Reactions: A_D_cec

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
Assuming I get ITA in next draw, so as per my case If I wait until November 16th, to submit my application will that count? Because I think experience and score is locked as soon as we get ITA.
Yes, in my opinion, it is better to wait till November 16th.