Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi, I need some advise.

I am showing CEC experience of 2 years and 20 days to be exact. However, during this time, I took vacations on two separate occasions each lasting for about 30 days (so 2 months in total) for which I got paid normally as I would have if I was actually working (reason I got 30 days cuz I accumulated bank days by working on the weekends and overtime for which I did not get paid at the time). Now will this be an issue for calculating my 2 year work experience? I went to my country of citizenship on both the occasions.

Thanks!

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epressentry said:
Hi, I need some advise.

I am showing CEC experience of 2 years and 20 days to be exact. However, during this time, I took vacations on two separate occasions each lasting for about 30 days (so 2 months in total) for which I got paid normally as I would have if I was actually working (reason I got 30 days cuz I accumulated bank days by working on the weekends and overtime for which I did not get paid at the time). Now will this be an issue for calculating my 2 year work experience? I went to my country of citizenship on both the occasions.

Thanks!
No not a problem. You're good.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
epressentry said:
Very hard to say. IRCC will know you were out of the country for 2 months. Moreover, there is no official description of how "comp time" should be treated, and the way time is calculated at the weekly level leaves you at least a little vulnerable to VO interpretation.

My suggestion, if you're still working in Canada - finish working the 10-11 days this month (so you have 2 years + one full month total work time), then there will be no concerns.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
My suggestion, if you're still working in Canada - finish working the 10-11 days this month (so you have 2 years + one full month total work time), then there will be no concerns.
2 months paid vacation in 2 years is no big deal.

But yes waiting another 10-11 days to be on the safe side is easy; so he might as well wait - if he's still working.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
I am not working anymore so there is no way I can increase the number of days. Well, I will contact IRCC tomorrow and see what they have to say. I would assume if it's paid it should be counted but that's just me being biased to myself.

Thanks for replying.

lannguyen

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
ITs totally fine. It happens to so many people, you can submit your profile now once you get ITA.

For me, I work overtime, bank holiday, by the end of the year I was forced to take another week of vacation. So I pretty much had 20 days of vacation for a year (4 weeks). Its fine, you get paid during that period, you were still an employee. As long as the reference letter said the exact period that you were hired, you can also attach pay stub to prove that you got paid. Doesnt matter whether you went out of Canada or not, its your vacation, you are entitled to that.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
lannguyen said:
ITs totally fine. It happens to so many people, you can submit your profile now once you get ITA.

For me, I work overtime, bank holiday, by the end of the year I was forced to take another week of vacation. So I pretty much had 20 days of vacation for a year (4 weeks). Its fine, you get paid during that period, you were still an employee. As long as the reference letter said the exact period that you were hired, you can also attach pay stub to prove that you got paid. Doesnt matter whether you went out of Canada or not, its your vacation, you are entitled to that.
Thanks for such an energizing message. That's what exactly happened to me and I took one month in December and the other after almost a year and a half in April. The reference letter does have the exact dates of work without any mention of vacation.

You know you get paranoid when you have been waiting for 6+ months for an invite with all the documents prepared upfront... those little things play mind games with you. LOL!

+1

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
epressentry said:
I am not working anymore so there is no way I can increase the number of days. Well, I will contact IRCC tomorrow and see what they have to say. I would assume if it's paid it should be counted but that's just me being biased to myself.
The main thing is what your letter of reference says, and that your supporting documents have consistent information. Since you're no longer in Canada, I would go for it. Never any guarantees, but you have a good chance.

lannguyen

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
epressentry said:
Thanks for such an energizing message. That's what exactly happened to me and I took one month in December and the other after almost a year and a half in April. The reference letter does have the exact dates of work without any mention of vacation.

You know you get paranoid when you have been waiting for 6+ months for an invite with all the documents prepared upfront... those little things play mind games with you. LOL!

+1
I would suggest you to attach some pay stubs along with your application to make your case stronger. On paystubs it will show your vacation balance.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
I am a federal skilled worker, a TA in a post secondary college. I work 40hrs/wk and have 7 weeks vacation. As for hours I have already accumulated 1560 hrs, however I am still shy by 3 month to complete my 52 weeks. My question is since I have 7 weeks of vacations in my contract, do I need to wait for extra 5-7 months after my 52nd week to be eligible for 1 year experience or as soon as I have completed 1560 hrs in 52 weeks

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your work experience is counted based on start date and end date any paid vacation you take in between doesn't affect that.

Also just accumulating 1560 hrs doesn't satisfy 1 year condition. 1 year is based on calendar date, 1560 hrs is additional requirement on top of that.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Ok, is our work experience counted at the time of ita or at the time of accepting an ita. B/c in the latter case I would wait for additional 4-5 weeks to be certain that I have 52 weeks

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afsar9930 said:
Ok, is our work experience counted at the time of ita or at the time of accepting an ita. B/c in the latter case I would wait for additional 4-5 weeks to be certain that I have 52 weeks
You need minimum 1 year experience at the time of creating express entry profile. If you don't meet the minimum eligibility criteria your profile will go straight into ineligible state.

Setareh1993

Nov 15, 2018
I need your help!
I’ve been working in a language school for 1 year & 2 months. In my travel history I’m stating a 2-month trip during this time which was a paid vacation. Is it a problem? How should I explain it regarding my work experience in my case?