+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC with Canadian Spouse

shedtobed

Sep 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

What is the process for applying when your spouse is a Canadian Citizen? It has now asked me to upload my Common law spouse's family documents :

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

2.Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)

3. Proof of sibling relationship (required)

4. Family Member Proof of Status (required)

Am i correct in saying i can upload a letter explaining that my spouse is Canadian and these additional documents are not required?

Last edited:
Reactions: icecatyy

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Everyone,

What is the process for applying when your spouse is a Canadian Citizen? It has not? asked me to upload my Common law spouse's family documents :

Am i correct in saying i can upload a letter explaining that my spouse is Canadian and these additional documents are not required?
Sorry, your post is not clear - are these documents required of you or your spouse?

If they are being asked of your spouse, there is something wrong with the info in your profile. No Canadian citizen should be a co-applicant, because they are not applying for PR. It sounds like you claimed points for your spouse's siblings, which you should not do.

You should list your spouse as non-accompanying, and these document requirements should disappear. You should be able to simply upload a LOE that your spouse is a Canadian citizen and include a copy of his/her passport or birth certificate.

shedtobed

Sep 22, 2017
Sorry, your post is not clear - are these documents required of you or your spouse?

If they are being asked of your spouse, there is something wrong with the info in your profile. No Canadian citizen should be a co-applicant, because they are not applying for PR. It sounds like you claimed points for your spouse's siblings, which you should not do.

You should list your spouse as non-accompanying, and these document requirements should disappear. You should be able to simply upload a LOE that your spouse is a Canadian citizen and include a copy of his/her passport or birth certificate.
I mistakenly said Not instead of Now.

My profile states that my Canadian Common law partner is not accompanying me, is a LOE stating she is a citizen and a copy of her passport
and birth cert sufficient ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I mistakenly said Not instead of Now.

My profile states that my Canadian Common law partner is not accompanying me, is a LOE stating she is a citizen and a copy of her passport
and birth cert sufficient ?
Should be sufficient, but I'm at a loss as to why the system is asking these things...

icecatyy

Mar 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,

What is the process for applying when your spouse is a Canadian Citizen? It has now asked me to upload my Common law spouse's family documents :

Hello. I'm so happy to came cross your post here. I'm having the same question right now. My common-law partner is a Canadian Citizen and I'm apply under CEC indenpently and mark him as my non-accompany partner, and I did not claim points for the fact he has brother. They are asking me for these rediculous documents as your list here. I have been searching online for and didn't find answer. Please let me know how you ending up prepaing these documents, and what is the result. I will be much appericated.

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello. I'm so happy to came cross your post here. I'm having the same question right now. My common-law partner is a Canadian Citizen and I'm apply under CEC indenpently and mark him as my non-accompany partner, and I did not claim points for the fact he has brother. They are asking me for these rediculous documents as your list here. I have been searching online for and didn't find answer. Please let me know how you ending up prepaing these documents, and what is the result. I will be much appericated.
If you happen to see this and have any advice, that would be SO appreciated! I'm now facing the same with my own Canadian common-law partner.