File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello. Can someone explain the difference between cec and express entry? Please? Thank youuu
Express Entry (EE) is an online application management system for 3 economic class programs - Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades (FST).

Applying is a 2-step process. First stage - You submit an Expression of Interest Profile (this is NOT an application). When you submit a profile, the EE system calculates your eligibility for both EE and all three programs. You have to be eligible under at least one of the programs to be eligible for EE. If you are found eligible, your profile is accepted into the pool of candidates to await an Invitation to Apply (ITA). The profile is also assessed for your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score, which is used to select the top candidates to invite. You can be eligible for EE but not necessarily get an ITA, if your CRS score is too low.

If you get an ITA, you move to the 2nd stage where you prepare and submit an electronic Application for Permanent Residence (eAPR). This is where you prepare an application for one of the three programs (FSW, CEC, or FST). Your ITA will tell you which program to apply for.

Jul 16, 2019
Hi everyone.

This may have already been answered but can't find a concrete answer relevant to my situation.

1. I just submitted my application in the Express Entry and it says that I'm eligible for both Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experienced Class (both Met). So I'm just confused if I get the Invitation to Apply, would I be given a choice to select any one from FSW and CEC? or the IRCC will select the best option for me themselves?

2. If the above is right and I do get an option to choose to either apply through FSW or CEC, what should I choose? I believe I'm a strong candidate for both - FSW score is around 71 (met minimum 67) and CRS is 495. Also providing Proof of Funds under FSW won't be a big issue for me. I just want to get my PR as soon as possible but the processing times for both is 6 months according to IRCC website.

Please help!

Thanks,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
1. I just submitted my application in the Express Entry and it says that I'm eligible for both Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experienced Class (both Met). So I'm just confused if I get the Invitation to Apply, would I be given a choice to select any one from FSW and CEC? or the IRCC will select the best option for me themselves?

If you are eligible for both, you will receive the ITA for CEC by default. No, you do not get to choose.

2. If the above is right and I do get an option to choose to either apply through FSW or CEC, what should I choose? I believe I'm a strong candidate for both - FSW score is around 71 (met minimum 67) and CRS is 495. Also providing Proof of Funds under FSW won't be a big issue for me. I just want to get my PR as soon as possible but the processing times for both is 6 months according to IRCC website.

The application is simpler under CEC, so I would be content with getting the ITA for CEC.