+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Time off work

ciccris

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone has some advice.

There are two periods where I had some extended time off from my job.
Once being in November/December of 2019, I was on unpaid leave for 2 weeks at a time following a death in my family...so I would work for one week and then return back to my home country for 2 weeks and then back to Canada for a week or...this happened throughout November and December.

Then second being, that I was on unpaid leave for 8 weeks during the first Covid lockdown.

My Question is, should I explain this in my application? At no point was I unemployed, I was just on unpaid leave.
Any advice welcome.

Thank you
C

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Once being in November/December of 2019, I was on unpaid leave for 2 weeks at a time following a death in my family...so I would work for one week and then return back to my home country for 2 weeks and then back to Canada for a week or...this happened throughout November and December.

Then second being, that I was on unpaid leave for 8 weeks during the first Covid lockdown.

My Question is, should I explain this in my application? At no point was I unemployed, I was just on unpaid leave.
Any advice welcome.

Thank you
C
Sure - you can explain this in your application. Just make sure you aren't counting any of these weeks towards your 1 year of work experience.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Any advice welcome.

Thank you
C
Of course none of these leave times can be counted as Canadian experience. You didn't actually work so if you're counting those weeks, don't.

ciccris

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I'm not counting those weeks, i was just wondering if it was worth putting in a detailed explanation as to exactly how many weeks ive worked, as it is 54 it is very close to the 52 week minimum and having had my application cancelled once before, i don't want to give them any reason to do it again.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I'm not counting those weeks, i was just wondering if it was worth putting in a detailed explanation as to exactly how many weeks ive worked, as it is 54 it is very close to the 52 week minimum and having had my application cancelled once before, i don't want to give them any reason to do it again.
Well, of course you are supposed to do that. It cannot be a guessing game. You are supposed to provide a detailed explanation of the dates and hours you have worked and provide supporting documents for that (T4s, paystubs, letter, etc.)