+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Salary, Hourly Pay questions

yuaki123

Oct 23, 2018
Hello,
I have a few questions regarding CEC for international student. It is very appreciated if you all can help me.

I started a job with a company since January, i was paid salary for 30 hours work/week. Recently, due to some reasons, I got changed from Salary paid to Hourly Paid with lower wage, and in order to make the same amount every month. I increase my work hours to 35 hours/week starting October. My job title and job duties remained the same.

So some of my questions are:
1) Is there a minimum requirement of salary for each NOC? (like if you are paid under the minimum or average pay of that NOC, will your application get refused?)
2) Would a decrease in wage rate and an increase in working hours sounds suspicious on my application?
3) Would being switched from salary to hourly paid affect the overall look of my application?

Thank you.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

1) As long as it makes sense! You can't be an astronaut making $12 an hour. You can always check with your province wages. As long as you are around your median wage, you should be fine.
2) No, not really. Again as long as it makes sense, you can't get promoted from a Janitor to Manager right?
3) No effect.

All the best mate,