+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC reject applicant help needed :(

ykbaek

Sep 10, 2012
Hi

this is regarding my brother,
he studied here in toronto for 4 years, then applied for CEC after working 3 years in Oct 2014 and got rejected because the CEC quota was full. now he got about 4months till end of PGWP. what does he do?

can he get BOWP?

his score is about 350 and he has to leave after staying in canada for 7 years...
a sushi place up in sudbury wants to offer him LMIA but they are not sure if they are eligible,
they have done LMOs before but never LMIA, with him having no proper chef experience or degree, will it be an option?

He is terrified and don't know what to do, I got my PR and i feel really bad..

please help us
thank you

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
To be eligible for the BOWP, he needs to have passed the first stage of the PR process and therefore have an Acknowledgement of Reciept (AOR).

Without that, he is ineligble for a BOWP.

Can't advise on the LMIA unfortunately, but I'm sure someone else will.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
My advice to you will be to tel him to work and save up some money. So he can apply for a visitors visa while he looks for a company to offer him LMIA or provincial nomination to increase his points under the new express entry. That the only way out because he wont be able to activity promote him self from outside of Canada i am optimistic he will get the visa but might only be for 6 months so he needs to move quick . Plus if he has a family member or close relative like uncle,aunties, cousins and in laws living in Manitoba he might stand a chance of get provincial nomination under the family nomination.

Best of luck to your bother

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
ykbaek said:
Hi

this is regarding my brother,
he studied here in toronto for 4 years, then applied for CEC after working 3 years in Oct 2014 and got rejected because the CEC quota was full. now he got about 4months till end of PGWP. what does he do?

can he get BOWP?

his score is about 350 and he has to leave after staying in canada for 7 years...
a sushi place up in sudbury wants to offer him LMIA but they are not sure if they are eligible,
they have done LMOs before but never LMIA, with him having no proper chef experience or degree, will it be an option?

He is terrified and don't know what to do, I got my PR and i feel really bad..

please help us
thank you
What is his highest level of education? And what are his English scores?

ykbaek

Sep 10, 2012
DoubleS said:
What is his highest level of education? And what are his English scores?
He graduated from Centennial College (Automotive Technician) and he did Celpip but he just told me that his score is around 350 or less (345?). He's devastated.. Sushi restaurant from Sudbury is telling him to come by because he has chef experience (no degree) and promised to give him LMIA (but they don't guarantee, they said they have done many LMO but never tried LMIA)

My worry is that he will go there and work for next 6months to a year and find out that LMIA is not eligible from that restaurant.. then he has no other options at all..

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
My case is also kind of similar (I have been in Canada fr 6yrs,did 2 graduations,received a permanent job the day after I got my PGWP. After completing 1 yr at my job I sent my application for CEC in Nov2014 for a Managerical Job, NOC-0714, My application was returned stating that the quota is filled fr the yr 2014. I think the simple reason for denial is not the quota but EE,they didnt wnt encourage any paper applications in the last minute).

Ur brother's case is kind of weird. If he has 3yrs of experience ( he shld have received a PGWP fr 3yrs after completing a 2 to 3yr program),then why didnt he apply fr CEC after completing the first 1 yr (tht was the requirement). And also with anything more than 2+yrs of experience in Canada and CLB 7 (language skills), a candidate should comfortably fall under the CRS of 400+.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
ykbaek said:
He graduated from Centennial College (Automotive Technician) and he did Celpip but he just told me that his score is around 350 or less (345?). He's devastated.. Sushi restaurant from Sudbury is telling him to come by because he has chef experience (no degree) and promised to give him LMIA (but they don't guarantee, they said they have done many LMO but never tried LMIA)

My worry is that he will go there and work for next 6months to a year and find out that LMIA is not eligible from that restaurant.. then he has no other options at all..
He has a few options available to him that he can try. There are no guarantees, but at this point he has to try something. Here are my suggestions:
1. Ask the sushi restaurant to submit the LMIA application for him. I think this might be a long-shot, but they might get it approved for a cook job rather than a chef job. If the LMIA is approved he will get 600 more points and would get an ITA in the next draw.
2. Find ways to increase his CRS score
-- Language -- he needs maximum scores
-- Certificate of Qualification (I'm assuming he has trades work experience, because that what he studied)
http://settlement.org/ontario/employment/professions-and-trades/regulated/how-do-i-get-a-certificate-of-qualification/
3. He might need to go back to school (Based on what u wrote, he doesn't have a Bachelors yet, right?

All the best to you and your brother.