+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cec refused. need help

criqi

May 4, 2012
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 1222 Executive assistant.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because you have not demonstrated that you have acquired at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type O Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix. Executive assistants co-ordinate administrative procedures, public relations activities and research and analysis functions for members of legislative assemblies, ministers, deputy ministers, corporate officials and executives, committees and boards of directors. They are employed by governments, corporations and associations. I am not satisfied that XXX Manufacturing requires an executive assistant, or that your duties, focusing on purchasing and sales, are described by those outlined in NOC 1222.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

I am working in a small manufactory. My boss give me the title of executive assistant, but I asked HRSDC and they gave me a suggestion of Administrative assistants NOC 1241. I want to know can I resubmit my application under Administrative assistants NOC 1241? however, my boss give the employment letter of executive assistant. What can I do?

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
noc4012 said:
Do you have open work permit on closed one which specifies NOC?
I don't think we have NOC code in the work permit, do we?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveenkumarsr said:
I don't think we have NOC code in the work permit, do we?
If you are on the closed work permit it gives the title of the NOC. If you do a search for this with HRSDC, you will find your NOC.

lucky_CA

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
Does your duties matches closely with 1222 Executive Assistants or 1241 Administrative Assistants? Can you share your duties and responsibilities included in the reference letter from your employer? What is your job title in your job offer letter, pay stubs, letter of employment, work permit (if your have a close work permit)?

You can certainly resubmit your application. However, its unclear how the refusal of your first application will affect the second application. Particularly, you cannot change your job duties now in the second application and if you change your job title to Administrative assistant, then you have to prove that you have actually worked as an Administrative Assistant rather than Executive assistant. For example, your job offer letter, pay-stubs, letter from HR. Also, you may acknowledge that a mistake had been made in selecting your job title in the first application.

I would suggest talk to an experienced immigration lawyer.

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
"Executive assistants co-ordinate administrative procedures, public relations activities and research and analysis functions for members of legislative assemblies, ministers, deputy ministers, corporate officials and executives, committees and boards of directors. They are employed by governments, corporations and associations. I am not satisfied that XXX Manufacturing requires an executive assistant, or that your duties, focusing on purchasing and sales, are described by those outlined in NOC 1222."

There is a definite problem in selecting NOC. It should have been something other than 1222.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
criqi said:
I am working in a small manufactory. My boss give me the title of executive assistant, but I asked HRSDC and they gave me a suggestion of Administrative assistants NOC 1241. I want to know can I resubmit my application under Administrative assistants NOC 1241? however, my boss give the employment letter of executive assistant. What can I do?
Your NOC is evaluated by job duties and responsibilities, not job title. Your boss could call you anything, but your duties and responsibilities have to match the NOC.

I agree with the suggestion to post your duties and responsibilities. The problem is that it's possible that your duties and responsibilities match an unskilled NOC...

criqi

May 4, 2012
My duties include:
1. Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and report to my employer
2. Prepare agendas; make arrangements and other meetings for the employer; Record and prepare minutes of meetings; maintain schedule, includes meetings, and travel plans
3. Conduct research, compile data
4. Go to trade shows with the employer and sale products and collect feedback from customers
5. Contact with suppliers and order items;contact with customers and ship product to them

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks criqi. I think the problem is not enough detail. It might help to have more context -
1. can you describe the business, what it does, how many employees?
2. Describe in one sentence your role in the company
3. Rather than "report to my employer..." can you indicate his/her position (e.g. "report to the owner" or "report to the operations manager...")
4. Break down your duties and responsibilities, and add some detail - re-order them in terms of most significant duties (or what you spend the most time doing). It sounds like your position may span 2 NOCs, but we still need more info.

1. Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and report to my employer....
NOT REALLY SURE HOW TO RE-FRAME THIS... WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THIS THIS WORK?

2. Prepare agendas; make arrangements and other meetings for the employer; Record and prepare minutes of meetings; maintain schedule, includes meetings, and travel plans Provide administrative and logistics support to BOSS, including scheduling, meeting planning and preparation, and making travel arrangements.... ????

3. Conduct research, compile data
3. Conduct WHAT TYPE OF RESEARCH? ABOUT WHAT, FOR WHAT PURPOSE?. Compile data ON WHAT? WHAT TYPE OF DATA? and prepare reports for BOSS? OTHERS?

4. Go to trade shows with the employer and sale products and collect feedback from customers Attend trade shows with BOSS, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE PRODUCTS? and collect feedback from customers (HOW?)

5. Contact with suppliers and order items
WHAT TYPES OF SUPPLIES? PENS AND PAPER, OR WHOLESALER/PRODUCTION MATERIALS?

contact with customers and ship product to them - SEPARATE SKILL/RESPONSIBILITY; HOW DO YOU CONTACT CUSTOMERS - IN A STORE? DO YOU CALL THEM? DO THEY CALL YOU? ORDERS OVER THE INTERNET? WHAT TYPE OF PRODUCT? DO YOU HANDLE PAYMENTS? KEEP FINANCIAL RECORDS?

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
criqi said:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 1222 Executive assistant.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because you have not demonstrated that you have acquired at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type O Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix. Executive assistants co-ordinate administrative procedures, public relations activities and research and analysis functions for members of legislative assemblies, ministers, deputy ministers, corporate officials and executives, committees and boards of directors. They are employed by governments, corporations and associations. I am not satisfied that XXX Manufacturing requires an executive assistant, or that your duties, focusing on purchasing and sales, are described by those outlined in NOC 1222.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

If I were you, I would have gone with the suggestion of HSRDC. The applications are not assessed on the basis of the title of your position but by the job descriptions, if you are convinced that the job descriptions matches other ones, I see no reasons why u shd not reapply. Moreso, depending on the province that you are you may qualify for provinicial nominee