+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Questions for a new graduate

Tusubasa

Feb 13, 2019
Hello forum, how are you doing ?

I am really worried and can't sleep at night due to this issue. It literally causes me insomnia.

Basically, I've recently graduated from a Canadian College From a program called " Biotechnology advanced ", I've been applying for jobs since august with no results. However, I've got this job offer in a cement factory where they manufacture cement and cement coatings for pipes, etc.

The job Title is: Quality Assurance Technician
Few of my duties are;
Primary Size Reduction, Sample Division, weighting, checking for cement leakage of the products, Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, Maintains and improves product quality, etc.

Notes:
-I am under the post graduate work permit which will expire at the end of 2021.
- my educational degree is based on scientific research dealing with microbes chemistry etc...
- this job is considered as Class B under the NOC classifications

Concerns:
1- This job according to the NOC description requires "

• Completion of a two- or three-year college program or equivalent in industrial engineering technology, pulp and paper technology, plastics technology, textile technology, manufacturing technology or a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technologists.
    • Completion of a one- or two-year college program in industrial engineering technology or in a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technicians."
I have graduated as a Biotechnologist. HOWEVER, 3 courses were based on quality assurance.

does this job still make me eligible for PR after 1 year of work ?

2- the company has a room to do testings and manufacturing BUT i wouldn't call it a laboratory

is that against me ?

3- I only have a 1 year contract starting from the 1st of march 2019 and ends 2nd of march 2020.

is that against me as well since its only a 1 year full time job contract and not a permanent full time job ?

I am sorry if i made this too long, but i am really concerned about this and i dont want to work for a job that doesn't benefit me for the PR. knowing my PGWP will expire at the end of 2021.

Hinambreen1

Sep 5, 2018
Hi,

As far as I know, in order to apply under CEC on PGWP, it is not a requirement to work in the same field or study.
All that is needed is a one year full-time work experience in NOC type O, A or B.
You need to be employed not self-employed.

Good Luck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Concerns:
1- This job according to the NOC description requires " ...
does this job still make me eligible for PR after 1 year of
work ?

The job requirements in the NOC description are not used by IRCC, unless the occupation is "regulated" (e.g. requires a license, like a doctor, nurse, some trades, etc.). So you do not need to worry about those.

2- the company has a room to do testings and manufacturing BUT i wouldn't call it a laboratory ...
is that against me ?
I have no idea why that would be an issue.

3- I only have a 1 year contract starting from the 1st of
march 2019 and ends 2nd of march 2020.
is that against me as well since its only a 1 year full time job contract and not a permanent full time job ?

There is no requirement that work experience be gained as a "permanent" employee. As long as your experience is authorized (e.g. you have a proper work permit), not gained under a study permit, not self-employment, and is classified as skilled (NOC O, A, or B), then it is eligible experience.