+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC & Provincial Nomination - Proof of Funds?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Applying through Nova Scotia Experience Nomination with Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class), do I need to supply a proof of funds? I don't see anything in the guide for the Nomination saying I need proof of funds. Is this required for CEC?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
No it's not required for CEC.

All the best,

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Applying through Nova Scotia Experience Nomination with Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class), do I need to supply a proof of funds? I don't see anything in the guide for the Nomination saying I need proof of funds. Is this required for CEC?
provincial nominations and CEC are different though. did you already get the nomination and ITA? your ITA should tell you which stream you have been invited to apply under.

or are you now applying to the province for nomination?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
provincial nominations and CEC are different though. did you already get the nomination and ITA? your ITA should tell you which stream you have been invited to apply under.

or are you now applying to the province for nomination?
I have the nomination already, and am waiting for ITA. The only program I qualify under is CEC so I assume that's what stream I'll get the ITA for :)

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
I have the nomination already, and am waiting for ITA. The only program I qualify under is CEC so I assume that's what stream I'll get the ITA for :)
not necessarily (it could be PNP or CEC). you will have to wait to get the ITA to know which stream you have been invited under.

good luck

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
not necessarily (it could be PNP or CEC). you will have to wait to get the ITA to know which stream you have been invited under.

good luck
I got a nomination under Provincial Nomination stream from Nova Scotia -- do I need to show proof of funds for this? All I can find online is that Federal Skilled programs require POF.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I got a nomination under Provincial Nomination stream from Nova Scotia -- do I need to show proof of funds for this? All I can find online is that Federal Skilled programs require POF.
PNP programs have "traditional" (non-EE) and express-entry streams. Rules are different for each. You can discuss non-EE PNP programs in the PNP forum. Otherwise, you actually apply under CEC, FSW or FST (with a PNP nomination). We really can't help you if you are not clear about which type of PNP stream you are discussing.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Since it’s your invitation is not under CEC you will have to show funds. CEC is the inky stream I know of where proof of funds is not necessary.

All the same you will have to complete filing the forms online and see what you will have to upload.

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Since it’s your invitation is not under CEC you will have to show funds. CEC is the inky stream I know of where proof of funds is not necessary.

All the same you will have to complete filing the forms online and see what you will have to upload.
Thanks for the reply.
I was really confused also since the invite is EE but its PNP. I thought EE only had 3 streams and PNP was separate. I'll update here if anything is unexpected or different ;-)

paniko0

Feb 27, 2018
Thanks for the reply.
I was really confused also since the invite is EE but its PNP. I thought EE only had 3 streams and PNP was separate. I'll update here if anything is unexpected or different ;-)
Hi,

in the end what did you do? I'm in the same situation: got an ITA under PNP and I'm not sure whereas I should provide or not proof of funds.

Cheers,